Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Take a look at what this UNPRINCIPLED OPPORTUNIST is selling at Ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2000, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=321341413

You believe the nerve of this guy???

Downloading the PDF parts schematic from the Polaris web site and then selling it to unsuspecting suckers!!!
This guy needs to have TENDER PARTS OF HIS ANATOMY put in a vise!!

And yes you can get your FREE copy of it here
http://www.polarisindustries.com/pro...p?tips=manuals

This kind of stuff makes me sick. As if we do not get screwed enough by the parts dealers!
I think I will be emailing all of the potential bidders to let them know.

Old 05-01-2000, 08:39 PM
guy
Range Rover

I understand your anger with this but I think hes selling the actuall manual itself and not the file with A WHOLE LOT OF PAGES! But still, you are right, somebody can just download the file. And please notify the bidders and see if they are aware of this. Thanks

Old 05-01-2000, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recommend you report this scam to both Ebay management and to Polaris.

Once, I was suckered into buying a rodeo program outside the arena in El Paso; the programs were provided free to attendees inside. The rip-off mentioned sounds similar.

The amount of money wasn't great but the principle annoyed me greatly. I wanted to go back outside and punch out the sleazy vendor; at least report him to the cops or the arena management; but my young son was with me at the time; I chose the better course, staying inside and enjoying the rodeo.

Notifying the bidders, Ebay management and Polaris sounds like the thing to do.

Tree Farmer

Old 05-02-2000, 02:39 AM
Trailblazer

I think you should tell the individual yourself. I have an idea who the person is. I did some checking by cross referencing email addresses on ebay and the forum, plus the location was give away. Not very many forum members from Matewan WV. I agree this seems very unethical from a fellow forum member.

Old 05-02-2000, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

I seen some people trying to sell some pickup truck brochures on e-bay also. The ones that you can get at a dealer. Idiots.

Old 05-02-2000, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Guy,

He is selling the .PDF file.
Either on a 3.5" diskette or he will email it to the potential high bidder
Here is his words from his ad on Ebay:

"If you bought this manual in hard back form it would cost you
easily over $40.00 from Polaris. Shipping will be only $2.00 for this on 3.5 disk or to save shipping cost it can be emailed to
you."

I have emailed all of the bidders and gave them the Polaris web site address where it can be downloaded for free.
Like I said, This chaps my LARGE FLESHY AREA TO THE REAR OF ME(That was for you master).

I emailed Ebay and they said they can do nothing about it as long as he actually provides the product that he is representing. (In other words,There is a sucker born every minute, and if we can also profit from it then so be it)

Old 05-02-2000, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

unethical I think not have you never bought shareware these are the manuals on disk I guess none of you guys use commercial programs without paying for them or makes music cd's or tapes programs on their vcr's, I supplied everyone on here pics of the easy steer system, I even seen where guys made them and commented they were going to reproduce them and sell them did you hear me complain even though I brought the idea here posted pictures did I try to give you an explanation of them and charge for them, did I complain that some were producing them to sell even though I brought the idea into the open no I didn't the manuals are not copyrighted material and if people are to lazy to search for them don't blame me, but if you guys think the idea is so sacriledge I will discontinue it...its simple as that but I really see no harm in it, there is even search engines that make you pay for there searches is the guy who came up with this idea in the wrong because people are to lazy to do this their self...shareware disk are bought everyday with programs on them because people are to lazy to find them free...but if you guys think this is so bad I will discontinue it or are you mad because you didn't think of it first, this is no crime and I think I should know...it is no different than making a copy of a radio manual, car manual or any other type did any of you guys ever think that everybody doesn't have a big computer setup and would like to have the manual on disk so they could get it printed off, if I did have a computer set up and needed to get a copy of something I would gladly pay to have it on disk...there is no crime in providing information that people are to lazy to go look for. So before you start throwing rocks at me stopping taping vcr shows, quit recording music cd's and tape's and quit using those commercial programs on your computer or those shareware programs that you are suppose to pay for or erase after 30 days...you know the ones...

Old 05-02-2000, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry ATVING but I've gotta agree with the previous posters on this one.

You hint that you are a cop and you should know if this is illegal. There is illegal, and then there is unethical and immoral. As a professional engineer I am bound by a code of conduct. As a cop I assume you are bound by similar codes of conduct. These include being responsible for illegal as well as unethical and immoral behaviour. Remember the old "conduct unbecoming an officer" thing. Doesn't have to be illegal.

Illegal or not, my assumption is that Polaris would not look upon this kindly.

Sorry but I hate being scammed and don't want to see anybody else scammed either, especially by a cop!

DJ

Old 05-02-2000, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

Atving,I can't believe your involved in law enforcement.Someone should email or fax your Dept. and tell your fellow officers what kind of guy they work with. Maybe they will harrass the **** out of you. I'm sure you don't see anything wrong, with putting this free info on ebay since you stand to profit from it. The way you tried to justify your actions in the post you made,had me thinking I was reading a speach from Bill Clinton.

Old 05-02-2000, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

I only have one thing to say to atving. ONK ONK Pig

Quick Reply: Take a look at what this UNPRINCIPLED OPPORTUNIST is selling at Ebay.