Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the way President Obama is doing his job?
Outstanding - Just what I voted for
2.91%
Pretty Good – Like most of what he is doing
9.71%
Average – Just OK
7.77%
Below Average – Dislike most of what he is doing
11.65%
Failing – Don’t like what he is doing to the country
67.96%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Presidential Approval Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen where bank of America needs 35 billion. and all I need is about $75,000.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM
That will happen when you run around all over the world telling people how bad America has been and appologizing for all the wrongs we have committed against the world. Why wouldn't they want to listen to that?

Obama's APPOLOGY TOUR was a discrace. He is turning us into the worlds B*tch.

We don't have to wait to see what he is doing to our country. The Libs complained constantly about Bush's 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit in the 8 years he was in office. Obama is going to spend 6 times that in his first year. If 1.3 has destroyed our country in 8 years, how long will it take 7+ Trillion to finish us off?
Well the apology tour was needed.....sorry but we cannot have the entire world hating us. You catch more flies with honey right.....keep your friends close and your enemies closer right? All that crap is true and we will be able to get people to bend to our wishes easier if they are willing to listen to us..... Let them think we are their biotches....but we are not...American needs to not just be militarily powerful, we need to be smarter in how we deal with outer countries which will make us more legislatively powerful in the UN.

As far as the spending comparison between Bush and Obama.....well you are comparing apples to oranges...... Bush's spending was about war, there was no tangible investment there except safety.... Now while safety is important, it pays no dividends in the bank account at the end of it all......A security system is nice, but it won't help you pay the mortgage....

What Obama is doing is not really different from what was done after the Great Depression...... they spent more in comparison to what Obama is spending now. So what he is doing is not without precedent. It worked back then, and fueled an industrial revolution....... What Obama is doing is trying to fuel another economic revolution around green energy.....

In theory it is not a bad idea, but the problem is we don't know how the modern world is going to react. There was not nearly the same level of corporate greed in the 1930s as there is now......These banks are already screwing around with our money and that is a problem...... if they don't play by the rules Obama will have given away billions of tax payer money with no ROI and that is a problem.......

Old 05-08-2009, 11:34 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

The "APOLOGY TOUR" was a waste of time and our dignity. Do you really think that the people and the countries that hated us before his kowtowing to them suddenly have had a change of heart and now adore us? Iran & North Korea are moving ahead with their Nuclear programs. Russia feels emboldened and you will see them exerting even more of their influence in their part of the world. China has said that they will no longer buy up our unsustainable debt. But I'm sure that as soon as Obama gets a chance to sit down with them face to face, they will all see that he is right and they were wrong and do whatever we ask of them as long as we say Please.

One of the biggest hits to our economy is Terrorist attacks. The downing of the Twin Towers and the attack on the Pentagon had a huge impact on our nations economy, not to mention the confidence of our government to protect us. The governments number one job is protecting it's citizens. By the way, Obama is following much of Bush's playbook when it comes to the Middle East. The only difference is that he is sending our troops into battle while cutting the funding that supports them. There's a good idea.

What Obama is doing is Nothing like what was done during the Great Depression. During the Great Depression, the government spent money to build up the nations industrial system. What Obama is doing is using this crisis to advance his SOCIAL agenda. Nationalize Industry, Nationalize Banking, Nationalize Healthcare, stifle Small Business, RAISE TAXES (Trust me, Cap In Trade and Nationalized Healthcare will cost EVERYONE, not just the rich.). None of these things will do anything to help the economy. This is the government Taking OVER the Economy, not helping it. When was the last time Government intervention worked? The Government screws up everything it touches. If you go by their history, we are All in a lot of trouble. Don't get me wrong, it all started with Bush's TARP program. He is just as much to blame.

As far as the banking situation goes, Obama's people are making a bad situation worse. Many of these banks could use the help of the government, but the trouble is that the Cure is worse than the Cause. This is comparable to my saying I will help you fix your Quad and get it running again, but when we're done, I get to tell you when and where you can ride it.

"GREEN" is the biggest joke in this country. The issue at hand is "GLOBAL WARMING" (Which I think is Bull to begin with.)..... "GLOBAL", not just "USA WARMING". We can do it all, but if the rest of the world doesn't follow, it is Meaningless. Even the tree huggers don't like the Wind Farms or the Solar Fields. Are you going to tow your Toy Hauler with an Electric Truck? Solar powered Quads?

Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well "green" is good in some ways because solar houses will get your off the very grid you are bemoaning........

Why so defensive? I did not say that either Obama's way or Bush's way of spending was right or wrong or one was better than the other..... I only pointed out that they were different.... I did not say that protecting the country was a bad idea, I simply pointed out that is has no economic return..... Prevention, is not the same as return. Insurance only counts when it pays out and in the case of security the payout is very small in comparison. The economy tanked and buckled under the pressure of that payout.

And I never said that having the government involved was a good idea. On the contrary it is horrible. As you correctly point out they wreck everything they touch. And I certainly don't agree with what Obama is doing in the private sector. But I also don't claim to know the future, so there is a good chance I will be wrong. Maybe what he is doing might work, I cannot say for sure........

Old 05-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I was, personally, iritated when I heard Sec. of State, Clinton say we were opening talks up with Iran, and North Korea. I, on the other hand, got a big kick when they laughed at her and told her where to go. When are people going to stop coddling idiots like Kim Il Sung and the Ayatollahs that rule Iran. If they overstep the bounds there should be some kind of punishment. Instead, we try to be nice to them. It will come back to bite us some day. I don't think I could agree with you more, RPM. Someone is going to have to pay back all this debt someday.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:22 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ss97
Well "green" is good in some ways because solar houses will get your off the very grid you are bemoaning........

Why so defensive? I did not say that either Obama's way or Bush's way of spending was right or wrong or one was better than the other..... I only pointed out that they were different.... I did not say that protecting the country was a bad idea, I simply pointed out that is has no economic return..... Prevention, is not the same as return. Insurance only counts when it pays out and in the case of security the payout is very small in comparison. The economy tanked and buckled under the pressure of that payout.

And I never said that having the government involved was a good idea. On the contrary it is horrible. As you correctly point out they wreck everything they touch. And I certainly don't agree with what Obama is doing in the private sector. But I also don't claim to know the future, so there is a good chance I will be wrong. Maybe what he is doing might work, I cannot say for sure........
My Brother-In-Law looked into installing Solar Panels on his house. $52,000 for a system to meet his needs. I will stick to paying my electric bill. In Oregon the environmentalists are fighting the building of Wind Farms because they destroy the scenery and kill birds. In Arizona, they are fighting the construction of Solar Panel Fields that are a blight on the land and would require a supply of water that is Unsustainable for that area of the country. Not to mention the issues involving what to do with all of these Batteries once they go bad and have to be replaced in all these electic cars. You could say there are some problems with the "Fixes".

For the record, I am not offended in any way by anything anyone says. I respect everyone's right to voice their opinions on this and any other issue. I apologize if I came across any other way. I enjoy a good respectful debate.

National security is like having auto insurance. You pay for it and you take it for granted until you are in an accident.

The only problem with Obama's "Experiment" is that it has REAL consequences. Our children's children will be paying for this, EVEN IF IT WORKS!

Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

I'll start by saying this is just my opinon AND this is a political thread outside the politics discussion area:

Lets let ALL the major banks fail and see where we are. Let's let all the insurance companies fail, and the auto industry fail.....let's see how "secure" you are then. --I'd rather pay the money back over the long haul as insurance, instead of gamble with all everybody's future. Some mention their kids future; no need to worry about that......because a potential depression would set us back to 1980. I can only imagine what you'd be saying if this country was still in a free fall.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
I'll start by saying this is just my opinon AND this is a political thread outside the politics discussion area:

Lets let ALL the major banks fail and see where we are. Let's let all the insurance companies fail, and the auto industry fail.....let's see how "secure" you are then. --I'd rather pay the money back over the long haul as insurance, instead of gamble with all everybody's future. Some mention their kids future; no need to worry about that......because a potential depression would set us back to 1980. I can only imagine what you'd be saying if this country was still in a free fall.
"A shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive. A country boy will survive"
Hank Williams Jr.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide

This Country going BANKRUPT from bailing out every business that has made poor decissions will make the Great Depression look like a Sunday Picnic.

Simply put, WE ARE SPENDING MONEY WE DON'T HAVE. When you do that, you either have to borrow it from someone or you have to just print money. Printing the amount of money the government is wanting to with no capital to back it up will result in Inflation beyond imagination. Think about that when you are paying 10 times what you are paying now for a gallon of milk. Is the government going to bail all of us out when we can't pay our bills?

Old 05-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

No facts below; just my opinions.

Originally Posted by RPM
This Country going BANKRUPT from bailing out every business that has made poor decissions will make the Great Depression look like a Sunday Picnic.
Nobody is talking about "every" business; it's the core American financial, industrial base. The number of business being stabilized could be counted on your two hands. These are the foundations of lending that makes our behemoth economy work. No credit, no business, no job.

Originally Posted by RPM
Printing the amount of money the government is wanting to with no capital to back it up will result in Inflation beyond imagination.
There's no inflationary fears. In fact, the opposite it true. Deflation is (was) a bigger fear. Have you seen all the 50% signs all over the place? Have you noticed that a roll of copper Romex used to cost about $95 or more at its peak (250'), and it now costs about $60. If inflation rears it's head, they raise interest rates and put the brakes on. That's why we have so many interest rate adjustments. Our economy is too big to raise inflation as you propose. Maybe 30 years ago, but not now. -We should revisit this thread in six months and check out the inflation.

Originally Posted by RPM
Is the government going to bail all of us out when we can't pay our bills?
If you're waiting for the government to pay your bills RPM, you're going to be waiting an awfully long time. Again, you must secure the foundation, or the building it stands on fails.

Not supposed to be talking politics outside the political forum, so I'm bowing out at this point. If anybody wants to talk about it, start a new thread in the political forum.

Quick Reply: Presidential Approval Poll