Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the way President Obama is doing his job?
Outstanding - Just what I voted for
2.91%
Pretty Good – Like most of what he is doing
9.71%
Average – Just OK
7.77%
Below Average – Dislike most of what he is doing
11.65%
Failing – Don’t like what he is doing to the country
67.96%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Presidential Approval Poll

Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's not so much that people don't WANT to spend money. People are out of work. Almost 10% on average across the country. In some places the number is closer to 20%. If you don't have it you don't spend it. But, that isn't how the government does it. They spend money they don't have, print money (devalues the dollar), and in the long run end up raising taxes to try to pay off the debt. Once again, more money out of our collective pockets and we have less and less to spend. It is an accelerating downward spiral. If on the other hand the government decreases deficit spending, they can, in time, lower the tax rates, leaving more money for the consumer to spend. Whenever the government spends money on Project A, for instance, they add an extra layer of cost to the equation. Money spent directly by consumers or by a local government is always less expensive then when the federal government gets involved.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree Moose. What your saying should have been done YEARS ago but, for the current day they must spend. The cash given to the states for road work creates jobs. The cash for junkers or whatever it's called helps save jobs.

Now the spending to get gold plated toilet seats is ridiculous. The luxury spending needs to stop. I'm just saying a lot of the debt is going to save and create jobs or like the cash for junkers stimulates the economy.

I attached a pic of something I came across last week. Things look better than they did the first of the year which we can all agree is good.

Attached Thumbnails Presidential Approval Poll-thennow.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The funny thing about the job loss rate is that they are saying 247,000 new job losses is good. What this means is that if the previous months job loss was 300,000 we've lost 547,000 jobs in two months. It is good that it is finally slowing down a bit, but it still means that 247,000 previously employed people are now without work. The new jobs that people are getting are often at a lower pay rate and are not keeping pace with the layoffs. Government spending is still nothing more than income redistribution and in the case of the "stimulus spending" and "cash for clunkers" programs they are spending our children's and possibly their children's tax dollars. This "kind" of spending cannot be sustained at the rate it is going. I questioned whether or not we would be able to pay off the $1,000,000,000,000 debt we got up to at the end of Bush's term. (The argument could be made that his spending was more in line with the Constitution Of The United States as it was spent towards erridicating threats to our safety. And still is. If we keep them on the run they won't have as much time to plot and scheme.) The debt is now $3 trillion or so and expected to go up to $7-$9 trillion. Where's it going to come from?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

MH I agree with all your comments bro.!

I just don't know what such the urgency is for the OBAMA administration to push this HealthCare Reform (More like Gov't controlled) Bill. I really think its a bad Bill. Why NOT push it off and do more work on it gut out the crap like insuring Illegal aliens and many more issues?

R'

Old 04-28-2012, 02:05 PM

A lot of Obama's problem is, he is uneducated... like the majority of America..
Like the congressman that pointed to a pig refering to it as a cow to issue a "gas tax" to tax farmers for manure that was "polluting" the atmosphere.... taxing fertilizer...
Learning from a book is not enough... The books don't teach you about agricuture at Harvard, do they? Just recently, i beleive it was , in california a small outbreak of mad cow disease broke out, and the cattle were quarinteined... Meanwhile, here in KY, a local farmer was waiting on a truck to pick up a heard for slaughter... Long story short, the truck was called back, the farmer didn't get his income... He is now losing money, feeding that heard, because the stock yard won't buy them, because uneducated consumer won't buy beef... You cannot get mad cow disease from eating a contaminated cow... The only way it is spread is if you ingest the brain or spinal cord, and it is now against the law to put either in the feed.. (High in calcium, just like eggshells in chicken feed... strengthens their eggs...)

Now peta is going to blow the thing up, and don't get me started on peta...

So...
Back to the subject,

No, obama is taking this country to it's knees... It's as if he WANTs us to fail... Which leads me to beleive.. he is an abomination to America.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is sad that we have to turn to one man. If we all would get off our ***, i think the country would be a better place. But no we all blame one man for everything. It is all our fault for this.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 AM

↑ good point there to

Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The thing we have to do as voters/citizens is know where the candidates stand on issues near and dear to our hearts. Spend a little time checking out candidates websites and see how they have voted on issues in the past. It was a no brainer to me during the last Presidential election to tell people Obama was the tax and spend politician that would increase the debt. Here we are now...

Old 04-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BioWare
I think it is sad that we have to turn to one man. If we all would get off our ***, i think the country would be a better place. But no we all blame one man for everything. It is all our fault for this.

Just my 2 cents.

I disagree, because the one man in question clearly has affected our economy in many ways. First in foremost his attempt to take over 1/7 of our economy with Obamacare - cost many trillions of dollars more than we have been told. Second by a MASSIVE spending increase and the largest deficit in history - much of which went to his friends or overseas. He has raised taxes and vastly increased regulation causing billions of added costs to buisnesses. He has refused to permit drilling (but sez he has) and has denied the keystone pipeline. His energy secretary has stated he wants gas in the US to be $8 - $9 a gallon.