Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

New TaoTao 125cc bogs out at Full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seller told me that he will only pay for parts and not labor. Seller told me it's chinese it's not gonna be perfect, you didn't buy a Honda. I read on the forums other buyers had the same issue like I did and sellers did not pay for labor. Seller did send me new carb and CDI, but none help.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So...back to the basics...just because it's new doesn't mean something isn't amiss...did you check the items above? Everything I've seen is suggesting you are creating a lean condition when you whack the throttle off idle...

You said you can get it up to full throttle...can you do a plug chop and pull the plug...wanna see how it's running at WOT...

Old 10-18-2016, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have gained enough knowledge from members here and people from 49ccscoot.com to start troubleshooting. Initially, I was unable to adjust the carb because it's locked down. I am not sure how can I create lean condition if the carb is not adjustable (chinese carbs are locked down because of EPA). One would think if they buy a brand new product it would work at least for a week. From recommendation from other members and you, I will make changes to the carb, troubleshoot and install adjustable needle. I will post updates.... thanks for all the support.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Still puzzles me as to why your machine is running a total different carb than mine. I would just hit ebay and order a makuni carb upgrade for your machine. For around $30 it will at least be adjustable and should fix all the problems.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Zrock

Zrock, Do you have a Chinese TaoTao ATV? What is your pilot jet size and main jet size? What are your carb needle settings? Yes, I did order new rebuild kit which will give me more control over the carb. I am waiting for the mail to deliver the parts today.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Not sure as all I've had to adjust was the idle speed. But I do know the carb is different than yours. Maby my seller did the carb upgrade already.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I had same problem on coolster 125cc utility

I got idle set good with adjustment screw on carb and the in-line adjustment on throttle cable up top in center but would bogg down at wot if throttled it fast. If I eased into it the motor would keep up but that's no fun. I also tried to raise the fuel needle but my carbs needle only had one fixed spot.
FIX
what I had to do it drill out the brass cover on hidden adjustment screw and turn clockwise half turn and test, half turn clockwise and test until stopped bogging. Had to adjust idle during this process to keep everything in the good zone. Pic is below.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Plum tree, did you ever get this figured out? I have an actual Honda trx90 with the same problem. Had the problem with stock carb so I bought a Chinese carb and almost seems worse. All jets are clean, needle in various positions, still bogs when whacking the throttle fast. Starts, idles, runs great other wise.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Fixed

Originally Posted by Plumtreeboy
I bought a brand new TaoTao 125cc for my son. When I give it Full throttle it bogs out and dies. Seller mailed me new carburetor and still
With same issue. Yes, I have installed a new NGK spark plug and still no help. Can anyone help me debug this issue? My son is excited about it, but we can't ride it. I have played around with idle and mixture setting and idle
,but help
I bought a new 125 and it ran good for a week and then started bogging out. I chased a lean carb issue that ended up not solving the issue, finally I found the wire to the coil was intermittently loose after crimping it tighter the problem is solved. Sounds like this could very well solve your issues !!

Old 07-03-2022, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Andy Maroszek
I bought a new 125 and it ran good for a week and then started bogging out. I chased a lean carb issue that ended up not solving the issue, finally I found the wire to the coil was intermittently loose after crimping it tighter the problem is solved. Sounds like this could very well solve your issues !!
Brining back a post from the dead. Felt I needed to add on to this since I had a very similar issue and realized it was something so simple and such an easy fix.

Got my daughter a Tao Tao NEW T-Force 125cc, and it ran good, but not long after it started having issues going full throttle or top speed. It would sputter or "cut out" not allowing to go full speed.
I did air filter change from the stock closed air box to an open air filter, to changing the spark plug, To changing the carb since stock carb had no air/fuel mixture adjustment screw(set from factory) and only had idle adjustment screw.
New filter, new spark and new carb with same exact issue after.
Only to realize the issue was the connections to the ignition coil where loose! Tight enough to make it start, idle and run low to mid throttle but not full throttle and higher speeds. (Vibration would make connection move and misfire). This was one reason it seemed to run too rich at top end or full throttle!

So if anyone sees this thread, check to make sure your 2 connections to the ignition coil are tight and dont move! The vibration from these small motors at top end with a lose connection will make it misfire and seem like a rich condition or bad valve setup.

Hoping this will help someone that ever does search this issue!