General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Mexican Food

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mexican Food

It's delicious, and I argue, nutritious, as well as gives me an excuse to dive into chips and salsa.

I'm married to a Latina, and needless to say, the Mexican food I get is about 10 different shades of awesome. However, it's inevitable, the punishment that comes with such good tasting, protein and gluten laden cuisine is, in a word, pyroclastic.

So, as I get older, I am trying to make sure that what I do is actually worth it. So in the the realm of Mexican food, I leave it up to the forum to decide if Mexican food is worth the post eating punishment. Discuss.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

No question about it.

Wouldn't be the same without the obligatory "Don't go in there for at least 20 minutes".

Old 05-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by scootergptx
No question about it.

Wouldn't be the same without the obligatory "Don't go in there for at least 20 minutes".
See, that's the dilemma. I totally agree with this, and yet after two solid days of eating homemade refried beans, I sound like I my old BMX bike when I put baseball cards in the spokes.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love Mexican food. There's a place nearby that I usually just buy a bunch of tacos from but sometimes I'll get a combination dinner. Their beef tostadas are probably the best tasting thing I ever ate. I like to put their home made hot sauce all over everything. It's not too hot so I don't get the ring of fire the next day.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

You know, when it comes to restaurants, I don't like many chain Mexican food places. Having said that, I think Posados has the best fajitas around. The fajita butter is amazing, and what's better, my wife has been able to replicate it.

Good Mexican wife.
Good Mexican home cooking.
Good Mexican evacuation. LOL

BTW: I'm new to these forums, but are fart jokes/stories totally appropriate?

Old 05-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Now I'm craving chicken enchiladas and borracho beans. I have a good place 1/2 mile from the house.I'm trying to resist..

Old 05-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to look up borracho beans since I never heard of it before. A pot of beans with a bottle of beer cooked in with it? I hate beer and get nauseous just from the smell of it so I would have to give them a pass. I do like enchiladas but prefer beef to chicken. Cheese enchiladas with onions in them is good too.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

My wife is Korean, so I've gotta include all spicy food. My favorite is actually Indian, followed by,Thai, Korean, Mexican,Vietnamese. Still, my wife makes a spicy Russian style soup with game, bear or deer meat, cabbage, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, garlic, which I like to spice up with habanero pepper and curry. I'm addicted to curry! Coming in from plowing snow with my Arctic Cat diesel, and having a couple bowls of bear soup and a nice hearty red wine, life is good!

Old 05-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I had to look up borracho beans since I never heard of it before. A pot of beans with a bottle of beer cooked in with it? I hate beer and get nauseous just from the smell of it so I would have to give them a pass. I do like enchiladas but prefer beef to chicken. Cheese enchiladas with onions in them is good too.
You can leave the beer out.Best Damn Borracho Beans Period! Recipe - Food.com

Old 05-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

For being canned, these are pretty darned good beans.