Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2013 Kawasaki 4010 mule diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 04:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Kawasaki 4010 mule diesel

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I have a question to ask about my 2013 Kawasaki 4010 diesel mule. It started, but ran out of fuel. I cleaned the tank. Put new diesel in, and pumped it up. Cranked the injectors, and a small amount of fuel came out of the fuel injector. The starter motor does a great job of turning it around, but it just does not want to start. Battery is fine. Any suggestions is really appreciated. Cheers, Rochelle

Old 06-15-2019, 07:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I would guess that you didn't get all the air out. Can't remember now how the pump is bled but there are bleed screws somewhere, or possibly a pipe on the filter needs slackening, once you get the air out of that, an injector pipe needs "cracking" open. If you can, spin the engine over and, once fuel starts to spray out, tighten the pipe union up as it is spinning, that cylinder should then start to fire, if the others don't quickly follow suit, repeat on another injector.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Kawasaki 4010 mule diesel

Hi Merryman. Would you happen to know where that screw is on the injector? We did most of what you had suggested just not sure about the screw? Thanks Rochelle

Old 06-16-2019, 02:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Nothing on the injector, you slacken the pipe from high pressure pump to injector a couple of turns to bleed that. If you can't find a bleed screw on the pump itself or filter, slacken a pipe between filter and pump and get all the air out of that system first. Some systems are "self bleeding" on the low pressure side, but it can take a while, and if you let the air out of the filter side first, it speeds up bleeding, and you know it is bled, before going on to bleed the injectors.