Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Ds650 Vs Raptor Vs V-Force Vs Predator 500 Vs Banshee 350 All Stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ds650 Vs Raptor Vs V-Force Vs Predator 500 Vs Banshee 350 All Stock

I was Wondering Whats the Best On Trails. Long Distance Short Whatever. Then I was Wondering whats the Fastest Top speed in Order and what Would Win in a Straight Up Drag Race. 1st to Last Place Then I was wondering whats the Best Dune Quad out of those Also. I hear so much about these Quads and I just wanted to know how you Guys Thought about them in these Types of Riding.

Old 05-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Trails: Raptor, Predator or V-Force (V-Force included because of info posted here on the forum)
Short/Long Distance: Banshee for the short bursts/DS650 BAJA (not just because I own one)--->plush ride for distance
Top Speed: DS650 BAJA, Predator, and possibly V-Force--->dead even (about 73 mph)
---there is talk of a few V-Force's hitting 75 mph. I've seen nothing to prove this claim.
Drag race: Depends on distance and holeshot (see top speed)
As far as dunes: the new, up and coming, Baja "X".....

Best bang for the buck, if I had to do it all over again, I would go with the Predator in the second model year.

just my $0.02

Old 05-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

what are you wanting to know? the top speed, best handling, cornering, easiest to deck out, lightest? what? If you want top speed it would be in between the kfx,raptor, banshee, ds, predator.the best handling would be predator, kfx, raptor, ds, banshee.the best cornering would be predator, kfx, raptor,banshee, ds. the easiest to deck out would be the banshee, raptor, kfx, ds, predator. and the lightest would be the banshee, raptor, predator, ds, kfx.
thats my 2 cents

Old 05-28-2003, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

TRAILS

1st.The best bike on trails would mean a strong and snappy powerband that is easy to use and yet powerful, and at the same time have reverse. Here I give a very close win to the V-Force because it has a tremendous amount of torque and real good handling to swerve in and out of tight woods trails. After all the V was made for woods racing in the GNCC.
2nd.Second is a easy one and is enterchangable with first depending on if you want clutch or auto. Never the less second goes to the raptor. Its got a very strong and dependable engine and a not really wide so it can fit in the tightest of spots. What gave it second was its suspension, not to say its bad its just the fact that there is better boingers out there,
3rd.Third goes to polarises new Predator 500. What kept it from first or second was its full race on riding and a lackluster powerband for trails. The power is soft on bottom and has to be reved alot, the suspension is superb and the steering geotmatry is impecable. Also the fact that the Pred doesnt have reverse hurt it.
4th.This prize goes to the DS for its strong engine and off road like suspension. With that near foot of suspension travel and ground clearence it comes home in fourth,
5th.The Shee gets last on the trails because of its on/off switch like power band. This doesnt mean the Shee is a bad bike by any means, its just not were it shines.

Dragrace

1st.Coming home in first in a top speed drag race would be the raptor. It would have to play catch up behind the fast accelerating V, but eventually catch on the top end. So the raptor would win.
2nd.Right behind the raptor by a quad length would be the V-Force. Off the line it would take a commanding lead but the raptor would pull it in and get it on the top end.
3rd.Not far behind them is are old friend the banshee. No longer is it the fastest stock quad but with the slightest modifications it can smoke anything on 4 wheels, just not stock.
4th.Goes to the Predator, once again this is a full on MX race quad and can blindly go to 0-40 in no time but after that there is a fall off of power because all it needs to do is take off in straits and jump. The predator was not meant for trails or dragging.
5th.Last but not least comes the DS, it has a high top speed just takes ages for it to get there. There just isnt the acceleration it needs to overcome the other quads listed. Though they can be unstopable with some engine kits from Ron Wood.

Duning

1st.Finally the banshee is home, here is where this screaming 2-stroke rains as the king. With the huge open areas it can just blaze for miles and miles. This quad was make for duning, plain and simple.
2nd.The DS comes in the 2nd slot here, with the all the open land this rotax engine can hit its top speed and stay there. Also it is really easy to use in the sand so you dont have to struggle on it at all, just cruise around and enjoy the scenery.
3rd.The raptor comes in third, its light and fast. RIPS! But there is 2 other quads that just rip more in the sand.
4th.THe KFX weight comes into play here, you will have to have a set of tall paddles to keep this thing speeding along, but dont let this fourth place fool you. Its not that the KFX is a bad duner, that is far from the truth. Its just not the best.
5th.The predator just isnt in its element unless its on fast hard packed land or on the doubles, though once again it is a great quad for sand, just not the best.

Wow i hope i helped some.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Sportyroxx that was one of the best answers to someone's complicated question I've seen on this forum. Props to you.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:46 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

sportyroxx,

Almost DEAD ON, except I would have put the DS a little higher in the Drag Race section. Other than that, I would have to say that you nailed it.

Old 05-29-2003, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

Thankyou mudslinger and RPM I appreciate the good praises, pretty good for a 15 year old.