Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

What is your longest wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your longest wheelie?

hey nice vids josh u mush break alot of parts flipping like that all of the time.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

i've hit the rev limmit on our 300ex a couple times........
and also have on my 400ex.........

but then again honda's are pretty easy to wheelie on......
they have really good sweet spots

Old 09-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Range Rover

Re: Bicycle wheelies....

I'm not that great, but my brother has a Schwinn BMX bike that has this enormous sweet spot. I pedaled through a 1/4 mile wheelie, then the brake cable snapped and I dropped it. I can't figure out my mountain bike; I've only gotten a few hundred yards. I think the back tire is too flat - if it were more rounded you'd be able to correct for road camber and turns better.

My brother is the wheelie guy in the family - I've ridden along side him for a 3 mile wheelie he did on that Schwinn (coincidentally, the brake cable snapped shortly after). He's got it down - he can turn corners, uphill, downhill, etc. He reports that he's also done a 5 mile wheelie. He said the worst part is that after the 5 mile wheelie, he had to turn around and ride back dead tired. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For reference, we've also messed around with unicycles. He can do the decent distance; I think I've pushed somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 mile, but I didn't measure it out. I *really* need a new seat on the unicycle to go for big distances. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hopefully this being my first post I don't set off the BS-o-meter. I've been lurking here a bit since I had a chance to go atv-ing with my in laws in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in July, and had such a great time that I've been doing my research for a purchase hopefully this fall or early next spring.

[Edit] I adjusted the wheelie amounts after talking to him on the phone this evening. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

1 mile is very long, 5 miles is like a 10 minute drive doing 60 mph in a truck, are you sure you didnt get a little off on your measurements?

Old 09-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Range Rover

I rode alongside him for the three mile wheelie. It took a looong time. I think it was around twenty minutes. While he was going a long, a car or two pulled up alongside to cheer him on, then got bored and drove off.

After he put it down, we rode back to the house, jumped in the car and used the odometer to measure it - I doubt that was off much.

Also, five miles would be five minutes driving a truck at 60 mph. It would be ten minutes at 30 mph. He had probably gone for forty some minutes to get that distance.

If I could demonstrate the huge sweet spot on his Schwinn, it would make more sense. It sort of works out to be like riding a unicycle with handlebars. If it makes it easier to understand the kind of balance, look up Mountain Unicycling.

I don't think a five mile wheelie on a BMW bike is any more crazy than a 90° hill on a quad! (just kidding... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Old 09-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

I had one friend do one across the lake (about 2 miles) on a 400ex and another did the same on his 250ex......I always seem to flop'er over backwards afer i get into 4th gear on my 300ex

Old 09-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

I have now broken my previous record of wheelies to about 1000 feet, i used the technique JoshCVBz uses(standing on the grabbar and "walking" it real slow), i have also reached up and got ahold of the front bumper(as shown in one of the CVBOYZ videos, the guy on the warrior). Just have to say thanks to josh and his friends video that helped me do some of these tricks while doing a wheelie and doing a wheelie on a banshee like that period.but i still have a lot to learn when doing wheelies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just found the "sweet spot" on my yukon, and now I ride wheelies about 5-10 seconds.

Is the warrior a good wheelie machine??

Old 10-01-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

as far as ive heard, the warrior doesnt have as good a balancing point as other quads, but a 300ex has a biggin', i can ride wheelies on it pretty good.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warrior620
josh, that was directed at the people that say they've done a wheelie over a mile on a nose heavy lakota. I've seen some of your vids and they're pretty sick. I don't think putting your foot on the grab bar to bring the front end up counts as a wheelie.

Mike
Can you explain why it is not a wheelie? i can ride them sitting down on the seat, but i can do them esspecially better when standing up, to me, if you have front or back wheels off the ground, then its a wheelie IMO.

Quick Reply: What is your longest wheelie?