Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

TRX 450 top secret info.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX 450 top secret info.

I'd say the chances of an all aluminum frame are scarce ... if they did put one in it would drive the cost of the quad through the roof, thus making the Yammi more desireable to most people, other than the few people with more money than they know what to do with (oh to be so lucky!!!).

Old 08-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

I saw my little tweety bird yesterday and he said if you look real hard at the cartoon, you can see that it's definitely not aluminum. He also said that when they got they're 1st YFZ450 at their dealership, Honda bought it. What's that suppose to mean?????
Gave him $100 bucks to get on the list for the Honda. He's still not sure when it will be available to the public, but he'll let me know after Sept. 10th. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm calling BS on your birdie...and had Honda purchased that quad...you certainly wouldn't know who it was.

Old 08-27-2003, 03:33 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can back up Sandfires story. The dealership was Chaparral, right? They got the first shipment, and Honda was first in line.

Chaparral surprisingly has a very steady supply of YFZ's (there are usually several on the floor any time you walk in), and they say they sell an average of 2 per day.

Old 08-27-2003, 06:02 AM
Pro Rider

Ridley is an engineer for Honda, he knows everything, Ridley how do you know the frame is not aluminum??? How do you know the suspension is not better than the Yamaha? It has not been released, so don't go around saying well I heard this and I heard that. Yamaha and Suzuki riders can keep downtalking this new quad all they want, until it's released you have no right to say anything about it.

Old 08-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

You're right, chapparal. Tweety Bird also said that the price is SUPPOSE to be comparable with the YFZ. We'll see!!!!!! Knowing Hondas past, it will probably be a couple of hundred more. That's OK, if it's a great bike like the 250R. More details after Sept. 10.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

i just read in dirtwheels ragazine that they too heard that the new honda's frame will be aluminum... but they heard that will they were busy kissing the asses of suzuki and yamaha so who knows what to expect

Old 08-28-2003, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

You're right. They may be sooooo far behind that they can't catch up, but you have to give them credit for trying.. I'm a Honda freak so I'm thinking positive. My 250R lasted 14 years without so much as even a fouled plug. Preventative maintenance I guess. Whatever they end up with, I'm to buy one because of the durability. Fast is OK, but I'd rather get back to camp for more beer than get there faster and get there comfortably. There's only a few people that can keep up with me in the dunes even while I'm riding my wifes Z400 anyway. Crazy I guess. We'll just have to wait.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2003, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

ok, as for all that crap about being able to tell that the frame isn't aluminum from that crappy a$$ drawing, we all know that's bull. however, i do beleive that an all aluminum frame would be too expensive and too weak. i also beleive that lying is the funniest thing in the world. so for all u people who seem to think that u "know" somebody at honda. keep the imagination going, it's all our country has left!

Old 08-28-2003, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

Ridley knows everything like I said!! He is going to have his "connections" from Honda steal the secret blueprints to the new quad and he is going to sell them to Suzuki and Yamaha and cash in. He has so many connections and he knows "everything" about this new quad, kiss my *** ridley you simpleton. Perhaps I should pour you a nice big, tall glass of STFU.

Quick Reply: TRX 450 top secret info.