Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Cannondale FX400 available this fall!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2000, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez, I hope it is lighter than that. I just want the logical evolution to the Tecate or the 250r.

Old 06-15-2000, 08:31 PM
jad
Range Rover

trx440 are you going to be at the motosports track this Fri. What dealer did you order from?
jad

Old 06-15-2000, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

The material used is a KEY part of a design. It actually is one of the foundations for a design. It is the properties of this chosen material that controls and limits where the design can go.

Old 06-15-2000, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Jad,
I have 2 reserved at MCC in Villa Park. Great bunch of guys. Pro Source or TUF will also be a dealer, I think Pro Source. Nielson on the northside is gonna be a dealer too. I plan on possibly keeping one and selling the other. If its not a LOT better than my 440, I'm selling them both. I am a manager for Trader Publishing [Cycle Trader and Tradin' Times] so I know alot of the guys in Chicagoland. I like DGY and MCC the most.
I'm heading to a private track in Indiana this weekend. I have to get my front end dialed in. I just put new A-arms on it and it takes some testing to get it right. Plus this is the first riding I've done since my engine returned from CT. I need to take it easy and adjust / readjust the valves.
We'll have to hook-up and go to Indiana. I know some cool places to ride in the dunes. Do you know Tobi from the Coal City area? Another 400 guy I know from the car business.
Later, -RT

Old 06-15-2000, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

About a month ago, I read an interview by an online mag with Mike Penland. Pretty boring stuff till he was asked would he be riding in the Baja 2000, and if he did, would he be riding his Prarrie. He replyed - no I'll be riding Kawasaki's new sport quad, it's alot like the Honda 400ex. I can't believe the ATV ACTION / DIRT WHEELS didn't catch it. As I've said before if youve ever ridden a Stroker KLX 365, you know how wicked that KLX engine can be! I'm stoked. I had a Tecate 4 for years and I would not hesitate to buy the first one! By the way, in the same post that I reported the kawasaki info the first time, I also broke the news that the Raptor would have the MZ 660's engine. I did however incorrectly state the 660's name as the Apache. This was told to me by the owner of one of the nations most prominent Yamaha dealers who is very invoved with the national motocross scene. For this I would like to apologize to Alaskatrx. He jumped my a** pretty good. I guess if you are not IOO% sure dont go to press. Well I was 80% right.
Sorry Trx -RT

Old 06-16-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

We shouldn't have to wait long. Just as Yamaha released photos, (You really didn't think they were "spy" photos did you?) Kawasaki will have to "leak" information soon. If they wait until their dealer meetings in September the riders they are courting for their hard earned dollars will already be plunking them down on Cannondales and Raptors, not to mention DS650's. Kawasaki will have to generate some excitement before all of us planning on buying a 2001 place our deposits elsewhere or, worse yet, take delivery on a new model.

Old 06-16-2000, 12:20 AM
Range Rover

I can't say too much but I can say that Kawasaki does have something for us and it is currently being tested. Their factory rider is scheduled to test it next week and compare it to his current ride. Those who know me on this board know my connection to get this information but you didn't here it from me.

Old 06-16-2000, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, I understand this, actually if you read between the lines, that IS what I'm saying.

Just trying to illustrate my point that just because a given piece of aluminum is not as strong as a given piece of steel, doesn't at all mean that it is not a suitable material for a properly designed frame.

I'm sure that cardboard bridge was not constructed in the same manner as a steel bridge would be.

Old 06-16-2000, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Hear what? From Who? Did you say something?

Old 06-16-2000, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have been following your posts for a while, so what you say carries weight with me. Can you give us a hint?(whappa whappa whappa or ring-a-dingding.)

Quick Reply: Cannondale FX400 available this fall!