Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

who loves snow riding?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who loves snow riding?

never riden in the snow, whats it like?? is it like sand??

kc

Old 10-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Riding in snow if no one else has ridden in it yet is very similar to riding on sand..

I love to ride in snow! Doughnuts are fun as hell in snow!

Now I got my warrior, time to throw the paddle tires on! THose work awesome in snow!!

I am from PA near Pittsburgh kinda...we got like 18inchs last year...hope we get more this year!

Old 10-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

snow riding is alot of fun,but riding a atv in the snow isnt no where near as fun as riding my 03 700 sled..

Old 10-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

snow riding is almost like sand but snow is usually around your tires and is pretty slippery

Old 10-05-2003, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

I love the snow . Back in the 80s there was no such thing as atv summer trails and we only rode our atvs on snowmobile trails in the winter and some crappy logging roads and up rivers in summer so most of our miles were on snow. As far as what is more fun sleds or quads I say they are just as much fun. Sleds are just different because they have a little more top speed on the straights. The one problem I have with snowmobiles is getting stuck behind them on the trails because MOST sledders dont drive agressively like we do and become moving road blocks on the trails. This year I am going to install a horn on my quad to wake them up.
Heres a little tip for you guys new to winter riding . Go get yourself some decent cold weather gear like Coldwave finger gloves,a balclava and some good insulated work boots. Some people that we ride with that dont enjoy it is because they were cold. The days of using 2 3 or 4 layers of clothing are gone. These new thinsulate snowsuits are so nice I just wear a t shirt or sweater under them.I also use a sled helmet instead of an mx helmet because you can just flip up the faceshield when you stop so it doesnt fog up and isnt a pain like goggles are. Dont forget prowegde or 4snow tires provide way more traction than stock tires.

Old 10-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

Sno ridin seems pretty cool. ive heard itz like sand.

Old 10-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

I just went duning for the first time at little sahara and st anthonies a couple of weeks ago and its not really anything like snow and ice. Sand is so heavy you wont sink upto your hips if you jump off the quad. I must say bowls and dunes are similar to riding on a very hilly field when it gets a crust of snow that the quad wont sink into but thats a rare event around here in winter.Sand doesnt give like snow . It is absolulety wonderfull but different.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

lol wistech you think sled only have a little more topspeed than a atv?haha my sled is pushing 140hp,going from the sled to the atv in the begining of the season really sucks,because the quad feels like a moped at first,comparred to the sled..wistech the sledders around your area must be really slow if your catching up to them on a quad,i ride with 10 sleds most of the time i go out,you might be able to catch 4 out of that 10 ppl on your quad,but the other 6 of us forget it you wont be anywhere close to us,on the old railroad bed our average speed is 90 mph and ive had mine up to 120mph for a few miles,
wanna come and try to keep up?lol

Old 10-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Silly man, I said most sledders not thier machines. Yes there are sleds that go way over 100 . Where I live there is only one trail where you could actually go that fast but it has a speed limit on it. There are lakes out here that you could wind out a sled. I am sticking by my statement that MOST sledders drive slower than our group of quads on the trails because I have been trailriding for 20 years and could count on one hand the number of times me or our group has ever been passed on the trails by any sleds. You average 90mph, wow thats fast. Around here normal riding is around 20mph average with full on haulen *** is around 20 to 30mph. We ride on trails that wind through the woods and rarely get on straight trails where you can top out any machine . Although there are many people every year that think they can drive a sled at thier full potential, they ussually end up as a statistic on the evening news which might be the reason there are so many people that drive slow on sleds, all the fast ones are dead.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

85% of the trails around here are wider that our highways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we dont do 90mph through the twisty trails
but we go fast enough to where a atv will not keep up..id be so embarrased if a quad passed me on the trails,lol..

Quick Reply: who loves snow riding?