Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Honda 450R

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:21 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 450R

Anybody who thinks the TRX will be a less capable bike than the YFZ is crazy. Honda will definetly tear apart many YFZ's and improve on it. The next year YFZ will be better than the current model. The guys I know who race YFZ's say the stock suspension is about perfect, but when you add long a arms the geometry gets a littel kooky. You know that won't be the case for the Honda. Everyone made statements that Honda rushed to put out a quad after the Yamaha came out, hurring up R&D, cutting this corner ect. Nobody said that Yamaha hurried up their quad to beat the Honda out. I think we will find out the truth in about 6 months.
If all things were equal, would you want Honda backing you or Yamaha (01 Raptor owners can chime in here)?

Old 11-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

boy cant you guys just wait like the rest of us. it will be close and you all know it.

Old 11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

I read the next dirtwheels mag will have a article about it getting test driven for the first time its supposed to be bad *** maybe even badder then they YFZ450

Old 11-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda 450R

A bunch of riders for different mags will be meeting in Texas before the Baja 1000 takes place for test rides on the 450r. I know this cause one of my friends will be doing the riding and writing for one of the mags.

Old 11-05-2003, 04:14 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

Ridley,
I have a buddy ( I know we all do), but he claims to have an insiders knowledge of the new Honda. I was just wondering if you had heard any of the same I have. He told me that the Vegas one and the Tim Farr bike are both one off's w/ 400ex front and rear suspension. He claims the tooling for the rear linkage, swingarm, and front a arms are what is taking delivery from Dec. to Jan. He also claims that there will be many differences from the specs we all know and the actual bike to be realeased, ie. seat height, length, weight, ect. You heard any of this?
I agree with you that it will be Ford Chevy, red blue, ect.

Old 11-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

sounds like someone in here has a hostility problem, hummmm? i like them all. i will say for someone how doesn't know how to build four wheelers the banshee sure is popular and has been from the day it rolled out from what i've heard, then theres the raptor that has been praised many times. like i said i think it will come down to which has the best rider on these two. if the 450r does fall short for some reason i wouldn't wnt to have to eat crow because i ran my mouth. hopefully this doesn't **** anyone off but if it does then they must be felling guilty.

Old 11-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

here ridly! take a piece of this to ur knowledge...

I'm sure it will be the same with the Honda. I just hope the honda boyz are happy with it cause us yammi riders will probably have a half dozen new models to choose from by the time honda comes out with the 450R replacement in about 15 years.

first of all....honda doesnt come out with a new racer quad every year b/c they have quality quads that still generate the same or MORE income from there four wheelers even though yamaha releases a new one...
secondly...honda also deals with another top of the line quads! UTILITY! and to tell u the truth...anything honda makes is well worth the price...and anyway if u built a four wheeler why not stick with it for 5-7 years so u can build it up and make it an even better machine...the 400EX is still selling just as good as the damn raptor...and the raptor was introduced three years layter....so mayb honda is just ahead of the damn game!!!

Old 11-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Honda 450R

Jim450r.... will you teach me everything you know?? Wow, if i was as smart as you, I would probably go out and buy a honda.... and take those 5-7 years to try and build it up. But the funny thing is, even after those 5-7 years, Stocks yammi's would probably still be walking all over me.

Old 11-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

you just wait and see ridley...then ill shut ya up...

Old 11-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

man chill out a little! theres no need to curse and act like someone is talking about your momma! i like to come i these forums to see whats new and get a little info on what is working and not working for other people, not to read a bunch of arguing and bashing! if you don't like a brand then just point out what you have found to be wrong. just palin bashing someone elses prefered brand and calling it junk is rude and just plain being an a##hole. this is a great sport that i enjoy and want my kids to enjoy too but if this is how people are going to be acting i would rather get them into something else. i hope i did not make the friendly people mad because i was not speaking about you. for the most part their is some very friendly, family oreinted and helpfull people on this site and in this sport. there will always be some bad apples to try and spoil it for the rest of us i guess! maybe if all the good folks will get on the rude ones then they will get the message and either straighten up or just go away.

Quick Reply: Honda 450R