Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Honda 450R

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 450R

just tell me why u think the yfz is goin to be soo much better? huh?

Old 11-06-2003, 01:40 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

One thing remains undeniable:
Yamaha Customer Service is not as good, Yamaha's reputation for relaibility is not as good. Those two factors add up to a possible nightmare that costs you $500 more to enter!

Old 11-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

and whats ur yfz toppin out at stock?

Old 11-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

im talkin top speed with no mods....so without changing anything...how much speed u gain with ur mods?
and do u own a motorsports shop or something? is that why u can get one when it "comes in"or do u have the first one that is sent to that dealer?

Old 11-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

rhino??? and why in the hell did yamaha make removable headlights...wouldnt they possibly fall off if they hit a branch? kinda sounds stupid for the purpose...

Old 11-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

OK jim450r i have to ask you to stop for you are making a bigger and bigger moron out of yourself the more you post. I agree with ridley for the specs honda has put out now the YFZ has an edge in many ways. If you like hondas wait a few months and buy a honda its as easy as that and go ride it and dont ever try to argue with somebody about a quad again. u sound ridiculous.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

thank you! i would like to read more about what type of quad the 450r might be and what any proven specs are not a lot of well mine is better than yours! and it might not bother some people i just don't see the need for the language. there are kids who check out this site and mine is one of them. a good debete is ok but this has just turned into an argument. ridley seems to be very knowledgable and that is what i like to read. he has pretty much sold me on the yfz, that is if i was good enough rider to race, but he has made a good point!

Old 11-06-2003, 05:04 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

Ridley,
Firts off, we all have agreed that the specs for suspension are not complete, so lets quit debating whats better based on speculation. We all know about Yamahas weight claims, does anybody remember what they sair a Raptor woudl weigh? What did that YFZ weigh bone stock? it wasn't 350 was it?
Not everybody who buys the TRX450r/YFZ450 are racers. I am not. The reason I am buying one is so I can leave it stock, and still haul ***. The days of building a 400ex to go fast are over, for me. I am going to put in the cam, full system (all HRC) , long travel suspension, and put 91 octane in her.I won;t worry about this combination. The one YFZ I have ridden, added GYTR parts to his, had a dealer install them, and BOOM, and FU said Yamaha! So the reliability and warranty is definetly an issue for some of us (probably more of us, than not). Even you, in all your blue blooded glory, cannot tell me that you would rather have Yamaha backing you up in my case, than Honda (I recall you having a Raptor, was it an 01? How did the tranny hold up for you? How did Yamaha handle it for you?).
Screw me once, your fault, screw me twice, my fault. 2001 was only 2 years ago, have we all forgotten already?
Anybody have problems w/ their 1999 400ex? NOPE!

Old 11-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
and it might not bother some people i just don't see the need for the language.
What language are you referring to. I didn't read anything that was bad. The only one who wrote a curse word was you.

just palin bashing someone elses prefered brand and calling it junk is rude and just plain being an a##hole
Just curious [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2003, 06:05 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

Easy tiger. You big, bad ***, racer, mechanic, who can fix a tranny in a day (practice makes perfect). BFD.
I have no problem w/ the Yamaha. In fact I will buy one if it proves a better bike,and the reliability is there. I was only asking question and stating facts. I was not in a "bashing" contest w/ you , and I am not interested in one.
The CR linkage is a Pro Link, its a generic name for all the linkages Honda uses.
You have many 400ex parts because they are raced far more extensively then Raptors. I have raced twice, and there was one raptor once, and about 25 400ex's.
Get off your high horse and come back to reality for a few, or don't, just quit looking down your nose at me and the "weekend warriors" who keep this sport alive.

Quick Reply: Honda 450R