Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Dirt wheels shootout!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt wheels shootout!!

My buddy just told me that the new dirt wheels mag was in so I can't wait to get my issue later on this evening...can't wait to read the shootout on the YFZ 450 and the TRX 450R...woohoo!! which one is best??? If I would have to choose I would pick the Yamaha..just because I love electric start plus I like the looks of them a little better...P.S. dirt wheels is the greatest!!

Old 02-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yamaha won.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Damn..you weren't suppose to tell me before I read it tonight!!ha...but ya if I were to choose one I would pick the Yamaha...but I really like the electric start...but the 450 R is still pretty sweet..I still can't wait to read the article tonight!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Geez i got my March issue almost 3 weeks ago

Old 02-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadracer18
Damn..you weren't suppose to tell me before I read it tonight!!ha...but ya if I were to choose one I would pick the Yamaha...but I really like the electric start...but the 450 R is still pretty sweet..I still can't wait to read the article tonight!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I've only put a few minutes of seat time on my 450R and I can already tell you the article is very misleading. I had second thoughts about buying after I read the article, that would have been a huge mistake. I can't wait until this weekend when I can break it in.

450R with HRC kit- Hmmmm- extremely powerful, first gear may be a little tall, handles awesome, brakes awesome, front end is the same as 400ex in terms of being so-called light, very comfortable-not in the least bit cramped, headlights amazing, kicks and starts easy, shocks ??? to soon to tell, damn thing wanted more power than I could give it in my yard. (to quick to make it out of first gear in yard on corner lot)

Anyways- Don't believe everything you read in Dirtwheels.... Just ask the other 450R owners about their quads or YFZ owners who have actually rode the 450R.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I think this is the first post I've ever read where someone was actually Praising DirtWheels ..

Count the adds from each manufacturer in the mag for this issue ... some will say that the one with the most adds wins the shootout [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So, can this article be trusted?? Let us hope so [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

My brother is getting his 450r this weekend or next, so i will tell you what i think about it.

Old 02-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, I'm not dising the 450R because I think they are sweet...I like the lightweight nose of it too....but I still like the yamaha and its looks..plus like I said before I like the electric start....if Honda put an electric start and a reverse on it then no doubt about it I would take the 450 R....but I have heard that the riding position and the seat are not the best on the yamaha

Old 02-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

The new 450r is awesome my friend just got one and they have tons of power and about the light front end it was ok when it wheelied because either I wanted it too or I have a raptor so I'm used to climbing big hills and the front end decide to come up and I am thinking about selling my raptor to get one

Old 02-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

yamaha was best, just more of a MX bike than the other two, the honda was definately preferred for the woods though.

Quick Reply: Dirt wheels shootout!!