Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

OH BABY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OH BABY!!!

To be good at the wheelie you need to learn to use the footbrake and the throttle. Good luck if you fall get back on because you probably will. But remeber that the grab bar might save you so try to hang on.

As for people being told that they will die on these bigger bikes. HAHAHA ,My dealer told me not to kill my self after I signed the papers for the shee.

Old 02-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

i got a zilla as my first quad, i hadnt even sat on a quad let alone riden one,

just a case of being carfull,

theres definitly a steeper learning curve to doing it that way but you just got a be sensible about things, i have no friends with wheelers and mostly ride on my own at the local beach, so ive been able to just get on with it at my own pace,

i woulld be reluctant to go riding with your friend unless hes just as inexperianced as you, hes bound to wana proove his preds worth to you, and your pride will run away with you and your enexperience may lead to a disaster,

Old 02-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

i also traded my little nsr250 for an R1 having never ridden anything biger than a 250

Old 02-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

Originally posted by: atvguy217
ME+warrior+wet grass+5th gear=PAIN!

ohhh man!!! i can only imagine how much that hurt. lol
I've found out for myself that it hurts, A LOT. I did the same thing on my Z250 this August, and I'm still going to the chiropractor every 3 weeks to get my back and shoulder fixed. My dad really loves forking out $35 per visit.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer
Default OH BABY!!!

I just picked up my first atv in 20 years(if 35 is old than I am) and it is the raptor660.

I was worried 'before' I rode it that I was in over my head. I rode it hard for about a half/hour(tomorrow I'll go to a legal riding area for a few hours) and I must say that if you have any common sense and coordination you should be ok. The power was awesome, although I couldn't test the handling. This machine is for real...so be careful. At the same time, a first timer CAN ride it.

Just a new guy trying to help another new guy.

Old 02-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

I've found out for myself that it hurts, A LOT. I did the same thing on my Z250 this August, and I'm still going to the chiropractor every 3 weeks to get my back and shoulder fixed. My dad really loves forking out $35 per visit.
ohh man how did u hurt your slef and what happend?
yea i dont think my dad would like paying $35 a visit either. lol

Old 02-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

I was going around a corner on some wet grass, and usually I go on the dirt, but dad had been yelling at me about kicking up dust, so I stay on the grass and there was dew on it because it was still early in the morning. So I went around the corner in 5th gear, 3/4 throttle, and the back end slid out and then caught, and sent me rolling. I slide about 50 feet on my right shoulder. It didn't hurt to bad when it happened (guess the adrenaline), but about a hour later I was really hurting. I didn't break anything, just REALLY messed up my back and shoulderblade.
As for my Z, it didn't come out so good. I bent the bars, took a chunk out of the plastic on the side near the fuel tank, broke the plastic clips holding the center plastic piece on the handlebars, and bent all of my fenders. Now ya can't really tell I messed it up, other than one side of my handlebars is lower than the other.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

I was going around a corner on some wet grass, and usually I go on the dirt, but dad had been yelling at me about kicking up dust, so I stay on the grass and there was dew on it because it was still early in the morning. So I went around the corner in 5th gear, 3/4 throttle, and the back end slid out and then caught, and sent me rolling. I slide about 50 feet on my right shoulder. It didn't hurt to bad when it happened (guess the adrenaline), but about a hour later I was really hurting. I didn't break anything, just REALLY messed up my back and shoulderblade.

ohh man!!! how long ago did this happen? and im sorry to hear about you z250 hopefully u might can come up with some money to fix it. o yeah did your quad hit u in the wreck r did u hurt your self just from the fall and sliding?

Old 02-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

Originally posted by: UKzilla
i also traded my little nsr250 for an R1 having never ridden anything biger than a 250
BUT, you had ridden A bike though right? That is my point. Would you have bought an R1 without ever riding a motorcycle? I will not try to talk anyone out of buying any bike. I don't really care what they ride, the damage has already been done. What I mean by that is: Why do you think atv's that share engines with motorcycles are detuned compared to their two-wheeled cousins? Because, like I said you won't go out and by a YZF450 if you were not experienced with a dirtbike, but how many inexperienced riders have bought the new 450 atv? I know of 3 personally. This is why we don't have motors that are equally as fast as the dirtbike riders.

Old 02-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default OH BABY!!!

good point about the R1

but like i say i had never even sat on a 4 wheeler let alone ridden one, and as far as simalarities go handlebars and gear change thats it

the minute you let that clutch out any similarities to a bike vanish,

its a case of each to there own, im sure if i had friends i had wanted to impress with my new toy i could have ended up in trouble, if i had friends who had wheelers also, im sure i would have ended up out of my depth verry quickly and with possable painfull consiquences,

im verry conscious of how a monkey see monkey doo attitiude could have got me into trouble and i would have pushed my self to perform beyond my limited abilities,

i remember one of the first times i went to the beach, the tide had been in and there were puddles everywhere so i decided to keep to a verry small area near the storm wall,

there were a couple guys zipping all over the place on blasters having a great time powersliding and getting on 2 wheels, i felt quite intimidated, being on the fastest production quad etc,and having no real ability to do it justice, but i stook to my game plann and took it easy, the limmited stretch of sand was clearly not suitable for the zilla and especialy so with my limited experience, feeling a little intimidated and embarresed by my inability to ride well and these two guys ripping it up on there blasters i struggled to say the least,

after a few more trips on the fully open beach and a month or 2 passing i gained a lot of confidence and my abilities began to grow,

on my last trip there i was confronted by a guy with a familiar face and we started chatting, he was one of the guys who was there that first day on the blaster,

one of the first things he said was how well i had got to gripps with riding the zilla and how i had it realy ripping, he was most pleased for me and said my riding was a far cry from that first day he had seen me and how much i struggled,

i was pleased to say the least, mainly cos it was justification that i had stuck to my plann of taking things easy and being cautious,

that first day on the beach watching the guys on there blasters i honestly questioned my own wisdom for getting a zilla as a first quad as i struggled to get to grips with it, but seeing him the second time made me realise i was managing to pull it off and make good progress,

ive still got a long way to go, and after seeing the blasters i want a smaller quad as well that is just a fun ride to throw around,

if youve got a brain the first thing you realise about a zilla is that there is gona be NO forgivness if things go wrong,

ive kept that in mind and managed to stay safe, almost<LOL

Quick Reply: OH BABY!!!