Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

What do you think

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think

I'm comparing the raptor 660 with the new yfz450....I think its funny how the new YFZ is so bad azz..that the raptor looks up to it..what is Yamaha doing...They come out with the raptor which was suppose to be the sh*t then a couple of years later they come out with the Yfz (which I think is awesome) that has just as much juice as the raptor..I meen you would think with the extra 200 cc's would make the raptor king over the yfz but it doesn't...I just thinks its funny....even though cc's don't always meen anything but still..Yamaha did an amazing job building the yfz...why couldn't they put half the effort into the raptor and made the raptor into a true king...I'll take a yfz over a raptor anyday....not dissing either one..but what was yamaha doing when they designed the 660 raptor?

Old 02-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

Releasing a quad they could have ready immediately to compete with the DS650. Not a racer, but a dune machine. The motor was already done ( used in Europe in motorcycles ) and the YZ426F motor was not ready for quads just yet.

Old 02-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Although its true that the YFZ would shame a raptor on a moto-cross track, and most other types of racing (depending on the riders that is). the raptor is still the better "All around" quad. dont get me wrong i think both machines are down right bad-****, but i would definetly take a raptor over the yfz. mainly because of where and how i ride. but yes it is funny that a 450cc engine out-performs a 660cc engine with similar features. but thats because the yfz was built with more advanced MX technology than the 660 engine was. but get used to it. four strokes will just better and better every year. thats how evolution works lol.