Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

i spent over $10,000 to beat a quad from the 80's

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i spent over $10,000 to beat a quad from the 80's

i'll lighten up on you a little.my 2-stroke's to day, your 4-stroke tomorrow.that's how the law's work's against us all.electric quad's? that sound's fun? the place's we all ride are getting smaller by the year regardless of 2 &4 stroke's. here in calif.'

all i was getting at. it take's highly modified 4-stroke(turbo's, silly gas, race gas,and all that other huff'n'puff parts) to beat my old quad(pump gas). were all spewing fume's..,
my LT is mildly modified & haul's butt for alot less time & money plus is fun to beat the big dollar rig's when they break down half way trough the race! stock calif' 4-stroke quad's smell like they need pre-mix to run right or is the lean burnt smell right?j/joking. my LT is my oddball of the bunch, most of my bike's & quad's are yamaha's.if you haven't rode a LT500 your missing out! i have a red&black warrior too.one great quad.just heavy.

i ride at hollister hill's also,i'll meet you there???

Old 03-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Yes, there are too many laws being aimed at us. Little by little they try to make areas smaller and smaller. People moan and groan about cattle being squeezed into too small of an area causing problems...guess what happens to people too? Oh well, that's another topic. We seriously need to get some more riding areas opened up. Either new ones or expand what we have.

Electric quads...hmm...maybe for utilitarian usages. All quads would need to be the size of big utes. I just don't see how you can get a battery pack and motor to fit. I guess with enough stuffing and prodding you could do it. It would be interesting to see. Of course years ago people said electric cars would never happen. We shall see. But of course you have to make electricity somewhere. So unless it's wind power you're going to be jacking up the environment somewhere. And then you have to worry about dicing up birds. Though a stationary source is easier to control, it's still gonna put out pollution.

Give the 4s some time. They'll get there.

I've never ridden a Zilla. I was given the opportunity to take one for a spin, but passed on it. I just didn't feel comfortable riding that beast. I don't like to ride above where I feel uncomfortable. There's one thing pushing your personal limit a little each time to get better. There's another thing just saying fsck it let's go for it! The thing has only been ridden like 3 times since my friend bought it in the summer.

I love my Warrior. It's not the fastest, but only one quad can be the fastest. And that's only on that given day, time, location. Yeah, it's also a pig. Sometimes I wish it was better balanced, but for climbing up stuff I don't worry about it coming back over on me. Main things I would love to do to my quad are better tires than the crap that's on there, +2 a-arms and powder coat the frame red to match the accent plastics. Maybe a one-tooth smaller (12T) sprocket up front. Heard it works better in the dunes with 20" paddles.

And I love Hollister. It is what a park should be. From what I hear the staff is really trying to push it forward. They are looking at the 2005 Trials bike nationals..or something like that. Now those guys have some *****.

Hopeing to get over there in April. I'm competely planned out for March. It was a tiny bit rough in a couple spots this past weekend. But not too bad. A little bit of grading work on a few spots and she'll be awesome....esp. Rancho Rd. just past the ATV track. It's a little bumpy on that uphill section. But if you jump on it you get through it faster.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

This is hilarious.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Long posts suck.

Old 03-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

No, long posts don't suck. If you don't like em, don't read em. Simple as that. So scroll on by and quit yer b*tchin.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Range Rover

someone kill me please!!!!!!!!this thread

Old 03-13-2004, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

Red and Bitchy should change her moniker to Long and Windy. He finally got a post down to two sentences.

Old 03-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Range Rover

Dear Freind,

Thanks for you support. Free livin, is a rare commodity these days. Have all the fun while you can. To hell with with settilin' with second best.

Old 03-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

No, I'm just kiddin' with Black and Red. I did that to him in another post and I just couldn't resist.

Old 03-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

yamaha can make a 2 stroke that is 06 emission compliant.. their 1300 cc injected 2 stroke pwc engine has a cat-con in the exhaust with variable rate injection and will meet 06 emission requirements.

Quick Reply: i spent over $10,000 to beat a quad from the 80's