Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Warrior Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 2000 Yamaha Warrior, it has: Dg full lenght skid, swingarm skid, a-arm skids, ac front bumper, ac nerf bars, renthal banshee bend bars, white brothers, e-series exhaust, torque stuffer, k&n filter with outerwears, k&n stage 1 power jet kit, powroll vented airbox lid, bandit fronts, swamper rears, pro design kill switch, banshee headlight covers.
I was wondering if anybody knows any other low buck mods i can do besides a piston kit. I would really appreciate your advice!
Thank You

Old 07-14-2000, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JustinBCrazy,
I see no mention in your extensive list of accessories of any improvement to the pitiful filter system we Warrior (As well as other yamaha models)riders have had to deal with for the past decade. Unless it was an oversight in your list, I'd suggest that you should have made a change in this area as one of your very first options as an investment in the longevity of your engine, not to mention the improved performance you'd see.
P.S. After posting my reply I re-read your post and did see the inclusion of a K&N filter, however I don't see any mention of an adapter for the air box to insure a positive fit to the intake.
I was going to mention some improvement to your suspension to enable the bike to utilize all the speed improvements, but since you said "low bucks", I guess I won't go there

Old 07-14-2000, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah thanks for the advice, i was thinking about getting the pro flow adapter for it but i didnt think it really works?? ive seen how it mounts up but i dont see how it works any better?? My k&n filter fits tight against the outlet of the airbox, so i dont see where it supposidly leaks from?? Thank You

Old 07-14-2000, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

I'm wasn't familiar familiar with the way the K&N mounts up on a Warrior, so if if you have a tight seal against the intake you should have no problem. I understand that Yamaha has finally done something about their filtration system on the Raptor, so I guess we'll see.
I wonder if you have done any re-jetting or plug reading to determine your fuel/air mix?

Old 07-14-2000, 03:36 AM
Trailblazer

Well i got the k&n power jet kit installed, they did the jetting but i have a feeling they did it wrong. The dealer called up and said that they installed the kit and it didnt run right, so they said they would fool around with it and get it right. they wrote on the work statement that they moved the main jet up, a 142. Well it doesnt seem right, because the stock jet is a 142.5 it runs fine though so i dont know? im gonna pull out the plug tomorrow and see if its white or greyish? if so they are gonna get a call and do it right

Old 07-14-2000, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider

Your list of mods almost mirrors mine exactly, with the only differences being skids & bumpers (mine are PRM's) and tires (Maxxix Razor's). I also added an oil cooler form Four Stroke Tech ($107) in the interest of engine life. Mickey Dunlap claims it drops oil temperture 40 degrees. I don't know how hot it gets in Maine though. My next mod will probably be a Mikuni 34mm round slide with Thunder Products UFO's on it. They claim that it outflows a flat slide on the top end, and has better response at the bottom to mid due to better fuel atomization. They claim a 15-20% power improvement. The new carb setup gets a little pricy though, with the carb running $184 through White Bros. and the UFO running about $30. I don't know what your "low-buck" limit is. After the carb, all the engine needs is a cam & piston, then it's time for shocks. Enjoy the ride!

Old 07-14-2000, 12:59 PM
Range Rover

Try regearing your ride.

Old 07-14-2000, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

I did all that pipe and filter stuff also but it wasn't until I went to a new cam, piston, and 38mm Mikuni that the engine came to life. It's not cheap, cost me over $600.00, but it kept me happy for a few years.
for sale item deleted. Use the classified page for such listings. atvbbs

------------------------------------------------
, 2001 B&W Raptor on order.

Old 07-14-2000, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I would certainly do a plug read after a full throttle test before doing any extensive riding. Also, I believe K&N uses their own numbering system for jets rather than the standard Mikuni ones, so they very well could have installed a fatter main jet which would explain the improved performance you'r getting. However, it is common for an engine to appear to run better in a lean condition, but not advisable for the long run.

Old 08-15-2000, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey i have a 2000 warrior with k&n filter with outwear, stage 2 jet, blue scott grips, parking brake block off kit, alloy clutch lever, dg alloy nerfs, blue shockwears, and dg rear skid plate. I was wondering what exhaust to get i was thinking of megamax II from fmf or white brothers e-series

Quick Reply: Warrior Mods