Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar

You guys will probably make fun of me for this, but I'm a Mark Martin fan. I really like Fords and have been a fan of his for a long time. I think he is a good driver, but is getting old. He's a good guys though, and he is the one that found Matt Kensieth.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
To answer your question. MOPAR all the way.As for Newman. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Why did nascar require all the cars to put the ignition boxes on top the cars??? Because Newman was found to be cheating by switching them back and forth. JR, He has the best of everything, didn't earn any of it and still stink. He also blames everyone when he runs bad. Like pit crew. But what he forgets is that it is his crew that gets him the sweet engines that winn all his races. Like at TALLADEGA, and DAYTONA. Which happen to be the only tracks that you dont have to shift or brake. HEll he dosent even need the draft. Kinda funny I guess...As for the best it is obviously Jeff Gordan. Hes 32 years old. Been raceing for 12 years and has 64 wins. LOOK at Dale sr... 26 years raceing and 76 wins. Jeffs stats speak for them self. Pluss jeff has wins when there were other competitive cars on the track un like dale sr. But he dosent drive for a beer car and can speak english. So rednecks wolln't root for him.... Thank god!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You have your wires crossed up there. The final breakover point for the ignition boxes on the dash was when Gordon won last year and COULD NOT DO A BURNOUT BECAUSE HIS CAR WOULD HARDLY BREAK THE TIRES LOOSE...this is fact. I forget the race but it was a rain delayed race. No doubt Gordon is a good driver, but after Ray Evernham left you see that he is just another "good driver". Your next "Gordon" is driving the 9 car....owned by no less than Ray Evernham.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AnimalMother85
yes, thats right. I'm not talking about nascar either, because chevy has no good drivers
All of the cars had too follow a common template last year and the Ford boys really showed their stuff....as a whole...NOTHING. This year NASCAR had too give the Ford boys a better front end so they could compete. You know something is up when DJ is getting too run up front on occasion...LOL. I would be embarassed too be a Ford fan in NASCAR racing.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

They didn't give the Ford boys anything, the fords were the next in line, everyone else had already gotten their breaks in previous years. If you think of it, ford was due, especially how they were the only ones that couldn't compete.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
They didn't give the Ford boys anything, the fords were the next in line, everyone else had already gotten their breaks in previous years. If you think of it, ford was due, especially how they were the only ones that couldn't compete.
That stuff was all out the wiindow last year. Do you keep track of what goes on in NASCAR...apparantly not. EVERYONE had 1...I repeat 1 common template last year. The Fords got a better nose (so they could compete as a whole) starting at DAYTONA this year...this is fact.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah no kidding, I knew that....but I was saying that in previous years other brands have gotten breaks too....for instance dodge got a lot of breaks their first year and the last couple of years.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I imagine Toyota is getting plenty of breaks as well in the truck series now. Did you know last year Mark Martin was weighted before and after an event and he lost as much weight as a NFL football player looses during a game? It was like 8 or 10 lbs (not exactly sure). Some of them may be getting old, but they are athletes none-the-less.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah I live at college here, and we were having an arguement on the floor about athletes. A basketball player here said that the only athletes are those who play "real" sports like basketball, baseball, football. I was like....so you don't consider racing a sport and he was like no way. I stood up and was pissed, saying that they have to concentrate for 3 hours and hold an adrenilene rush for that long too. He even said that racing motocross wasn't a sport either. Wow, some people don't know their head from their a$$. That is intresting about Mark, I didn't know that. I still like him, he works hard and I believe he is a good driver. I still think he has a chance at the points one of these years. Ol' Mr. Consistency will pull it off one of these years!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO. Yeah baseball is a real sport... And so is curling right?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

First of all its chevy. Chevy has more wins, more championships definately. They have better drivers, way better drivers. What does ford have? they have matt kenseth, no1 else. Dale jarret just has been sucking the last 2 yrs. Elliot sadler is the only other ford that has potential. Chevy has Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt JR, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Tony stewart and bobby labonte. Hands down chevy wins

Quick Reply: GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar