Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

nerf bar ??????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nerf bar ??????????

I have been thinking about buying some nerf bars. But i would like to here from people who have them. = How much do they really help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I decided to buy my ATVs, I had read that the number one injury was people running over their own legs. For the price, I think they are a great safety feature. I ride on an MX track quite a bit, and have had my feet slip off the pegs a couple of times when jumping. I was really glad that they were there!!! I would highly suggest that you look into these. Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

I do have mx boots. I take it that boots alone are not enough.

Old 05-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will save your bacon some day. Even if you only need them once in your life, they are worth it. I like DG race pegs!

Old 05-04-2004, 03:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of dg nerfs on my quad. My cousin does not. I have a scar that took 125 stitches to close on my leg after jumping my cousin's quad. Need any more convincing?

Old 05-04-2004, 05:10 AM
Pro Rider

I have ac nerfs on my warrior. It has saved me from bending my axle when hitting trees in the woods. they have saved me from my feet sliiping of the pegs. they have kept friends from getting a tire in on me when racing. I also like them when racing. You can slam it into their tires forcing them not to be able to take the lead.

04 warrior lots of mods

Old 05-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

The other huge safety factor that nerfs offer is not allowing someone else's tire in between your front and rear tire and prevents contact.We all know what happens when two tires hit turning in opposite directions,someone's going end over end.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

well thanks for all of the feed back. i am going to try and talk my wife into letting me by the ac nerf bars w/ the heel gaurds. their a nice looking set up i think. i have only had the pred for about a mounth and a half and i have alresdy dumped over 1000$ into it. so when ever i mention buying something for the pred i always get that look.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Another big plus is that they protect you from the footpegs in a wreck. What I am talking about is when you wreck and the bike lands on it's side on you, like how it did in Huevos 2 (if think) to Steve Abbott. The bike landed sideways on him and the footpeg went into his armpit and gouged out a huge hole. If he would have had nerfs it wouldn't have happened because the weight of the quad would have been distributed over the length of the big round nerb bar instead of the sharp end of the peg.

Anyway you look at it, nerfs should be a must. I was kind of relutant at first because I thought they would get hung up in tight trails but they actually help. I wouldn't ride without them.

Old 08-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

def. go with the ac's. i have them on my raptor and they have saved me a few times. they look good too

Quick Reply: nerf bar ??????????