Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Arr- Stupid Dad

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Originally posted by: AngryHampster
I think the wolverine is about as good as it gets if you want the best of both worlds.
Dont forget the scrambler
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
Originally posted by: AngryHampster
I think the wolverine is about as good as it gets if you want the best of both worlds.
Dont forget the scrambler
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
scrambler, scrambler, scrambler...

what is this crap you speak of? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

hehe yea the scrambler's a nice quad, but theyre a bit heavy arent they?

Old 06-16-2004, 03:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Its something you get used to. Plus with the extra power, better suspension, and True 4wd, it is well worth the difference compared to the Wolvy

Old 06-16-2004, 04:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Originally posted by: radfastdude7777777
i think the only reason dirt bikes have more power is because they are lighter, and the dirt bike racing world is much bigger than the quad world, although that may not be for long, having gncc on television these days
another reason why they are able to produce more power is that there is alot less moving weight on it...you could have a 250 lbs quad...but it still would get beat by a bike becuase it needs to spin only one tire...and that tire weighs alot less then what ours do

Old 06-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Just tell him that you plan on jumping over him and his mudholes on your sport quad.

I guess it really depends on how bad the conditions are where you ride. It also depends on who will be paying for the quad.

Old 06-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Doesnt sound too bad to me. At least you can have a dialog with your father, many cant,( because of divorce, booze, or doesnt care enough). Count yourself amoung the lucky ones, who has a father who cares enough, to discuss what his view point is, and to listen to yours. One day hes gonna be gone, and youll look back at this, as the good old days.
Think of it this way, its good practice for you, to have these discussions, because later in life, youre gonna need these skills. And when you need them, it wont be with someone who loves you, or is even on your side, or even cares about what is fair, itll be with someone whos trying to screw ya, and youll have this under your belt and can deal with it.
My old man told me, if you lose your temper, ...you lose. Doesnt matter how valid your point is, doesnt matter who is right and who is wrong...ya gotta keep your cool.
Next time you have a discussion with your dad, put on a friendly smile, and keep your cool ...and see his reaction, cuz if hes the good father i think he is, he'll be proud to have you for a son, and he'll probably tell you so.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Ok thanks for the input and here are just a few replies to some of the responses

1) I cant jump the quad i will buy do to a bad knee from a motorcycle accident, the only reason i want a sport quad is so that i can have something fun quick and light that is easy to throw around. But the main reason is simple but stupid....a full manual clutch. If they put a full manual on a 4x4 i would be in heaven

2) My dad is only been exposed to one riding style, mud. He has only been into quads for about a year, but in his opinion has learned everything there is to know about atvs in that year by simply riding his.

3) I am the one paying for the quad. I slaved my azz off at McDonalds cooking burger to afford a half decent used quad.. and still pay my own college tuition.. and he is going to tell me what i should bee buying??

4) And as for taking what he is saying, it starts as a simple coment by him, then i respond and he starts yelling, so i walk away, not realy a disscusion now is it

Old 06-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Originally posted by: Canadianrider

the only reason i want a sport quad is so that i can have something fun quick and light that is easy to throw around. But the main reason is simple but stupid....a full manual clutch. If they put a full manual on a 4x4 i would be in heaven
The Suzuki Vinson 500 and Eiger are available with manual transmissions. So are some of the Arctic Cats and Hondas. But most of the Hondas are full time 4wd (3wd[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Old 06-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

your lucky your dad even supports you riding. there are alot of kids that cant even get a ute, none the less a sport quad. alot of parents wont even let their kids ride, period..

Old 06-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer
Default Arr- Stupid Dad

Hondabuster sounds like a pretty knowledgeable dude. Almost brought a tear to my eye with that post. All very true. This sport is great, but the only thing that makes it even better is doing it with family. And since we are giving life lessons, dont do drugs, they mess up you life with your family, and they mess you up...they change you and you can never go back....Quads are better than Drugs!!!

Quick Reply: Arr- Stupid Dad