Todays Race Results: Stock Banshee Vs Stock 450r

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Todays Race Results: Stock Banshee Vs Stock 450r

Originally posted by: YFZblu
Slim,
Yammi's come pretty choked up..Honda's already have decent stock piping on them, so once you pipe, there isn't a very dramatic difference...Yamahas with a pipe and a jet are COMPLETELY different bikes...Once you get a yamaha breathing easier, the change is huge..I think the banshee would pull a piped R if it had decent toomeys
you could be right...i haven't rode a 450r or a yfz and i've only ridden a stock banshee. no idea what the pipes do but a stock banshee gets absolutely killed by my ds with just a pipe. they have to have more than just pipes to beat the big bikes, but most of them do

Old 06-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

the change is big with all yamahas...The banshee is a different bike if you put toomeys on it..Basically, it's mostly because yamaha puts cheaper stock pipes on their bikes..When my YFZ was completely stock, I raced a Piped, jetted, and cam'd YFZ...My *** was handed to me so hard, I couldn't believe it...The drag was no more than 200 ft., and there must have been 6 lengths in between us....and he was STILL pulling me...It was insane...That's when I decided that modding my yfz was a must...

Old 06-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

hondaracer is ur quad geared up? 90.3 seems high and a 450r making ur banshee feel like a 300ex out of the hole makes me think that could be the reason

Old 06-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

switch riders and i would bet if you get on the 450r that he would beat you on your shee. becouse 75 lbs makes a lot of difrence in how fast a machine can get up to top speed.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

i agree... i was getting beat by 5 links on my 450r (stock exept for sprocket) by a piped banshee untill i let a friend that weighed about a 100 lbs less then me race it....he ended up beating the shee by at least a link in every race except one.....i didnt think it would of made that much of a difference.....but once again i was wrong...

Old 07-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yeah 75 pounds is hugh.

Old 07-05-2004, 05:50 AM
Pro Rider

YFZblu, you sure talk a lot of smack on these forums for only having ridden your bike 5 days, bone stock I might add. Let me tell you, a pipe on a yfz isn't going to be some huge 10hp gain like you're hoping, unless you get a CT or Sparks. But still, 10 hp on a 37hp bike isn't as big of a deal as you make it. My Z performs to mads just as well as any Yammy. If it didn't, Gust wouldn't be winning on one. Yes, the YFZ is awesome, but it was wound up pretty tight out the door, so if you think opening up a pipe that was already pretty open is going to be some NOS like experience, you're going to be very disappointed when you get your pipe on. And have fun rejetting that poorly designed carb mounting area. That thing is a b!tch to rejet, and rejet, and play with the needle, and rejet, and play with the mix screw, and blah, blah, blah. I tried every way possible to get to that d*mn thing without stripping the whole bike down to the frame. It's a pain in the a$$. Have Fun.

Old 07-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Anybody know if there’s a pipe shootout in dirtwheels for the 450r and wich month. I have every issue since the 450r came out but im to busy and lazy to go in each mag and look. Could someone help me out?

Old 07-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

lol yes I rode it 5 days, craz400, but those 5 days were with ALL my racing buddies, who have more sport quads than you can imagine...I've raced everything. I also rode it the 4th of july weekend with my paddles, big gun exhaust, jet, and cam mod....trust me, my YFZ will make you look like you're in reverse on your lame suzuki.

the suzuki is a nice bike for the 400 class. if I were to do it all again, id still buy my 400ex for a few reasons...but thats a whole nother topic, and i don't feel like starting any fires...

Old 07-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
It will surprise me if the 450R beats you after you get pipes and a filter. Unless you get some cheap pipes. If you get CPI's, Toomey's or something like that...you will be good to go.
when all i ran was the hrc kit , i was beating piped banshees and whatever else unless they had extensive motor work. a 420 stroked shee was getting me by about 3 - 4 lengths at pismo.

Quick Reply: Todays Race Results: Stock Banshee Vs Stock 450r