Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

pipe for my warrior

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pipe for my warrior

Vunit, the power is good, its hard to make alot of power with just a pipe on the raptor 350 because of the redesign yamaha did, but you get a big boost in the low to mid range. Expect more on a warrior, check out hmfengineering.com for actual numbers, heres the link for thw warrior/wolverine:
http://hmfengineering.com/yamwarwolf.html

Old 01-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Alright man, hey you gotta get some pics up of your raptor, it sounds wicked nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Old 01-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Looks kick a$$, i'm sure it runs really sick! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, hey in response to your PM, i do like the axle alot, it really makes the quad more stable, turning is a little harder now, but i just throw the rear end out so it dosn't bother me too much, it should get back to normal when i get +2+1 arms. Im probably going to get the arms, shocks, then do a cam and piston, gotta feed that neverending need for more HP.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah when i posted something for my quad about getting a new axle and everyone said to make sure you get new a-arms or wheel spacers the same lenght as your axle in order to make everything equal out. Yeah your quad will be fine when you get the new a-arms. Those shocks are gonna be nice, and that sucks about your rear end. Your raptor sure looks sweet and it only gonna get sweeter. Keep it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Pro Rider

Yoshi/w fmf pb and the dyna on curve 4 turned it into a whole new quad for me.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Boxhead, where can I pick up a good priced PB header? Would it be cheaper to just get the Big gun or DG Xcelerator hp and exhaust package for like $300-350? Does anyone know the power gain difference between the PB header and slip on vs. a Big Gun or DG package deal? Sorry, don't mean to jack the thread, but it is on topic! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Well with the Dg Xcclerator stage 3 system you can really feel a difference i did on my quad and my quad has a lot more ***** with this exhaust on. Your going to have to have your quad jetted and you'll gain even more power if you take off you airbox lid. I dont know much about the BigGun exhaust system but i know that they have there upside and downsides. The xcclerator is a great package pipe and has a lot to offer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

I picked mine up from rocky moutain, one of the places with the more reasonable prices. The service is excellent too, and I didn't have to pay sales tax since it's in utah. The gain from it is small, but you will notice your power will be shifted strongly towards the mids and high end. With just a slipon your power will be in the lows and mids. I ran the yoshi slipon for about three trips, but I wanted most of the power in the upper mids and high end. You will have even more top end if you have a rap350 since they have a different cam. If you have a rap I would still use the header but if the low end is lost too much just change the rear sprocket to a tooth or two bigger for lower gearing. I really liked this setup, gave me a ton of power in the high end, and it was just what this motor needed (seems like a 2stroke that doesn't stall in the lows with a 6 speed trans). If you happen to do it and get addicted to the top end, than just drill several 1/4 or 1/2 holes in the sides of the airbox for some additional power. I had to change my carb by 2 or three clicks once I turned my airbox to swiss cheese. Forgot to mention the header will also make it quieter in the lows and at idle, but when you lay on the throttle it will raise the dead and make some screws loosen. Some of your plastic screws might loosen on you, but nothing some blue threadlocker or rubber washers won't fix, don't even worry about that though, just check everything after you run with the setup for a few hours. I gotta warn you, the difference this setup will make will probably get you hooked on mods, but good luck with your choice!!!