Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Cannondale Release?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2000, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With high-end components like fully adjustable remote reservoir Fox shocks and an all aluminum chassis it will definitely be over $6000 but it is aimed pretty high-racers and high-end sport riders are a pretty narrow market segment so I would say they aren't planning on selling too many.

Old 09-30-2000, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

The MSRP I saw in a mag was predicted to be $6995.

Old 10-02-2000, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

I could almost guarantee that when this quad comes out dealers wont be able to keep them on the floor. Thats just the way the market is right now. There is definitely a demand for high performance quads. there has been for the past 10 years only now the manufactures are doing something about it. good luck to cannondale i hope ther quad kicks ***.

Old 10-05-2000, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

I can't imagine it will be out anytime this year. I think they are taking their time, making sure it doesn't have any imperfections, and generating enough stock to control the initial shortages when it is released. I think the Dirt Wheels article on it was over a year ago.

I applaud them for not buckling to market pressures, and building it right. BUT if it isn't PERFECT out of the box, they will have a tough time selling them.

Old 10-07-2000, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the motocross bike is far from perfect, and it has been developed from the ground up to be the best. The more I hear about cannondale, the more I think that they jumped into the wrong arena.

Old 10-08-2000, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I had a chance to look one of those MX400 motocross bikes over... fit and finish is not up to Japanese (and KTM's) standards. The edges of plastic have a real rough cut to it, besides that the fit looks hoaky. Also, the plastic looks kinda cheap, as does the seat cover. The metallurgy on the engine also looks second-rate. It sure does have some nice components on it (Ohlins fork and shock, Nissin brakes, steel-braided brake lines, etc). But, for example, even the best aftermarket components can't make a Scrambler beat a Honda 250R performance-wise...hehe.

Old 10-09-2000, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think it will be a wise choice in its first year of production but that doesn't make me any less anxious to see yet another high-performance model on dealers' floors. Can you believe I just said "Yet another?" These are exciting times indeed.

Old 10-11-2000, 07:42 AM
Trailblazer

I'm always stoked to hear about new quads coming out, the Cannondale sounded awesome, but after reading the reviews that the dirt bike got, I'm totally dissappointed. Sounds like Cannondale should go back to the drawing board, especially in regards to the motor.

Old 10-23-2000, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider

I just checked out cannondale's site and looked at the FX400, quad looks great but from the reviews of the dirtbike and from what you all say sounds like it will be a stinker.

I was going to start up a topic on it but decided to look around and see if I could find one, and well, here I am.

The quad looks cool and all but the review from them and yall make me think other wise.

Old 10-25-2000, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider

We should know more soon-The magazines are expected to get models to ride sometime this month according to Cannondale's PR department. I'm still optimistic-hopefully some of the initial problems with the bike will be ironed out rather than passed on to the quad. I'm not prepared to offer judgement on a machine that nobody outside the factory test riders has thrown a leg over yet. Particularly not one with as many intriguing details at the FX.

Quick Reply: Cannondale Release?