Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

looking to buy a sportquad by the end of this summer

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005 | 08:19 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default looking to buy a sportquad by the end of this summer

I am 14 ,150lbs 5'8" my king gets craped once in a wile.... but the 300 is it as hard to put in reverse as dirtwheeles ses? and the choke?

Old 04-13-2005 | 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

If you are in a really super tight spot it is tough. The raptors reverse isn't any better though (or warrior). It is easy to engage but tough to get out. You have to pull in and let out rapidly on the clutch while you work the reverse handle back and forth, then it slams into gear. Now this happened on several warriors ive rode but i'm sure not all do this. Most of the time you don't need to use the choke. Unless it is super cold, it is not all that hard to turn on.

Old 04-13-2005 | 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

If i were you i would ride both warrior and 300ex, then get the one you like best. both bikes are very reliable and will run forever if taken care of. Im 20 about 6 ft and 155lbs, i like the warrior better, But thats me,

When you are ready to buy a bike if you look around you might even be able to find an 03 z400 in your price range, I have seen quite a few for $3200 - $3500 i wouldnt be suprised if you found one for $2500,

Old 04-14-2005 | 01:22 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

sounds good to me, i just hope i can get the extra cash for a z-400 or mabe a pred... altho no reverse.......

Old 04-14-2005 | 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

The z or pred will do just fine. I find the same place's as you 4wheelerfred. I see every racing QUAD have just as much fun as me, maybe more. I would recommand to stay with a 4-stroke altough.

Old 04-14-2005 | 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

IF your 14 and have a job, maybe you can put the money you have towards a quad and possibly get a loan for the rest of the quad if you find one that is a little more. If your parents will let you. If you are responsible and plan to go to college or get a car in the future it is always nice to have good credit. And getting a loan for maybe $1,000-2,000 is a good way to get a start on your credit history. Just make sure you pay it and dont mess up on your first loan.

Old 04-15-2005 | 04:54 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

my dad sed i cant buy unless i have the money, he dont like loans to much.... i could proly make more then $3000 if i try. i bet il be ridin a nice pred by next year i just realy like the reverse on the 05 andi i know i cant get that much so idk... like some guyswho got rich daddys "oh i got the best quad" bla bla bla... i know it must be nice but i like the fealing of paying myself its myn and only myn!
so is it that bad to have to lift up the front on the pred and turn it around? and how hi can you jump a stock pred?

Old 04-16-2005 | 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred
my dad sed i cant buy unless i have the money, he dont like loans to much.... i could proly make more then $3000 if i try. i bet il be ridin a nice pred by next year i just realy like the reverse on the 05 andi i know i cant get that much so idk... like some guyswho got rich daddys "oh i got the best quad" bla bla bla... i know it must be nice but i like the fealing of paying myself its myn and only myn!
You are absolutely correct!
You will feel a lot better about owning it, and will appreciate it and take care of it a lot better if you have to buy it with your own hard earned money! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree, the 300EX, and Warrior would be a good fit for what you are doing.
BTW, not having reverse is not that big of a deal. It is nice, but you may lose out on performance with other ATVs in your price range such as possibly a 400EX. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2005 | 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

warrior...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2005 | 12:44 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

i realy like polaris, i am just wondering if there has ever bin a quad from polaris that is not auto besides the pred?

Quick Reply: looking to buy a sportquad by the end of this summer