Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

I thought a raptor had more top speed than a yfz...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I thought a raptor had more top speed than a yfz...

Originally posted by: 660Rryder
Hey yall, after getting my raptor running in tip top condition i raced my buddie jamie on his yfz. It was really close up to 4th gear where he started to pull away. On the very top it was dead even i thought the raptor had a higher top speed. The yfz has a slip on pipe ,rev kit, and the "cam mod" you the exhoust cam goes one tooth forward and what not. Oh can i do this to my SOHC. will it be worth it? Thanks.
You have already answered your own question.
You stated he had a rev kit. I am assuming you mean aftermarket CDI??
If so, he can rev out farther than stock (IE higher RPM). His engine will be turning over faster than a stock one is allowed to. If it can rev higher, it can turn higher top speeds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

To those who said buy a yfz, i say this they may be fast but i'm faster now. He just blew it up after 2 month of riding. I like a reliable 4-wheeler. not that my craptor is reliable. This thing is the biggest piece of junk you could own. I'm going back to my z 400. Soon to be a z 470 that yfz won't give me no more problems. EVER?!!!

Old 04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

he beat you because he has the "cam mod" i watched a yfz with that mod and a yfz with out it both stock and teh cam mod yfz ate the one with out the mod

Old 04-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

HEY whitebroskfx440 could you send me a link to that page where you saw that video of the cam modded YFZ vs the stock one? I have been looking for that thing everywhere.. I am the one that 660Rryder a.k.a patrick is talking about getting beet by with the YFZ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. And my YFZ never blew up. I havent had any problems with my 05 YFZ. the only problem i have had is that the battery has gone dead before but heck hook the battery charger up to it for a few hours and your back in business[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

SO the raptor in the end has a higher top end stock?
Where do the 400 raptor and yfz all op out at stock thanks

Old 04-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GOHARD
SO the raptor in the end has a higher top end stock?
Where do the 400 raptor and yfz all op out at stock thanks
400 raptor???

Old 04-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

i meant z 400
sorry

Old 04-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Jamie your such a loser That is jamie mace i am talking about. I know where you live.RAMROD!!!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider

i know which one has more top end in stock form its the Raptor followed by the YFZ then the Z. but its kinda hard to tell what the exact speed of the three are because mine with the cdi box has as much top end as the raptor maybe even 1mph over it. But the Z when geared up one tooth on the front still doesnt have as much top speed as the stcok YFZ. My YFZ had about 3mph over the Z when it was geared up one tooth in the front when my YFZ was completely stock. And 660Rryder will back me up on this because he is the one with the geared up Z and the Raptor and we have a friend with another stock Z. ( the raptor had a FMF full system, K&N airfilter, jet kit.)

Old 04-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey now don't get cocky. Just because you barely outran my raptor while was running rich and running on a half a tank of water (long story)doesn't mean you can go around telling you yfz is as fast or faster. So don't give info that isn't a fact.J/K. But we'll post the result in about 3 weeks after me and yfzrydermace go try out for our future sponcer. So are you on jamie that is for the tryouts huh?

Quick Reply: I thought a raptor had more top speed than a yfz...