Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

how do you wheelie a 'shee?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you wheelie a 'shee?

I've tried so many times to wheelie my banshee sitting and standing and can't get any distance out of it. It has absolutely no torque down low so i have to rev the hell out of it to get the wheels up. I can usually ride one gear all the way out (2nd or 3rd) but since i have to start out at about 5k rpm's, I can only ride it for about 4k more rpm's. I think I need to leave the wheelies to the 4 strokes and just put my mind towards other things. but they are so fun.................

Old 07-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Is the word SHIFTING new in your vocabulary?

Old 07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

do you normally shift w/ no clutch or w/ clutch? because as soon as you pull in the clutch, it falls. let me ask if you have ever ridden a fully modded shee. i'm not talked just piped. the bike's power explodes at about 4k-5k rpm's. it is very touchy to the throttle. it is easy to say "just shift dude." respond if you own a banshee similar to mine. thanks for the brain storm "faster"........... by the way you're not faster than me

Old 07-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Guess what bud, im selling a banshee that placed in the nationals.And yes, i am faster than you.But you do have to pull the cutch in when you are switchin gears.It may seem to fall down but if it is still in the high rpms it will stay right up there.Over $12000 invested into this banshee.You have to sorta drop the clutch and pull as hard as you can in the lower rpms.then when it comes up dont wait til it runs out of gear to switch.you have to switch right after you get into the high rpms.You will be able to do wheelies for miles on that banshee if you learn how to shift during the wheelie, trust me.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Trailblazer

you know, thats the type of response i was looking for, i have a whole new respect for you, i just joined this site and you were my first responding member to my first question. and the response i get is a smart *** response. thank you for the much nicer one. the first one was rather crappy. it really made me think you were just some punk kid. but now i see you can actually write back w/ a good response. you are a good guy that i could probably talk w/ for hours about banshees. you just had a bad first impression. i think you know what i'm talking about when you read a response like yours. thanks

Old 07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

dont worry about him thats actually my brother....he was just being a a$$hole.....but really you do have to shift to ride one longer and you are worried about flipping backwards....the only thing I can tell you having only some experience with a banshee is to experiment where and in what rpm range you can make a smooth shift and keep going. You are right with the banshee being really touchy but you pretty much just have to experiment because alot of people have their own way of doing things that works for them so not to be mean or anything but you just gotta grow some ***** and try it lol. Im sure you already have some thought because you ride a banshee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

u dont need the clutch, if u shift it at the right point it shifts smoothly with out it.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

You can go without the clutch but I mean its put there for a reason which is to be used and if you get in the habit of not using it, it can mess up your clutch and tranny. So use it since its there and dont destroy your bike it sounds like you have put alot of money into it

Old 07-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 96Bansheepilot
I can usually ride one gear all the way out (2nd or 3rd) but since i have to start out at about 5k rpm's, I can only ride it for about 4k more rpm's.
Once you get good you wont need power to wheelie. What I mean is you wont need increasing torque like a taller gear or more rpms. I have a rancher with a first gear top speed of 7mph. I can wheelie just as far with a top speed of less than 7mph than with the first 3 gears. I just wouldn’t go as far in first as with multiple gears because it’s so damn slow and gets rather boring.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
u dont need the clutch, if u shift it at the right point it shifts smoothly with out it.
Yes spoRtRax450R is correct......

96bansheepilot, what gearing are you running??? If you want to ride wheelies I would run nothing higher than 13-42 or 13-41, you might even try 12-41 gearing... Have you done a compression check on you banshee???
The Banshee doesn't have the best balance point like some of the other quads...And the 2-stroke powerband doesn't help....