Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell us about your near miss

anybody else?

Old 11-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i had a nasty meet with a fence... nearly broke my wrist, and 3 boards, all with my iron-clad body. thanks to my brakes locking up and slideing across some pleasent oddly placed wet leaves

...frickin leafs...

Old 11-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

I've had plenty but the one that stands out is my couisin doing the Paragon hill CLIMB ON HIS YFZ450 MADE IT TO THE TOP BUT DIDNT MAKE IT OVER THE CREST [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
he slid down the hill on his but and the quad woulda killed him but the only tree on the hill cought it without damage........
At this point he was glad the quad was ok until he had to get it down, could barly climb up to the damn thing!
thankfully one of the quads with us that day had a winch and we pulled it up instead of a rockward bound out of control down.
he gave up on the hill for the day.....................

Old 11-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

i was riding on a compketely flat dirt road probably doing 45-50 mph. at the end of that road, a kid from my town dug out these whoops so they'd be the depth of a pro track.

too bad i didn't know that.

i hit them and bounced my head off the handlebars (thank god i was wearing a helmet) and my knee bounced off somthing real hard. somehow i managed to stay on my bike, but my knee was messed up for like 2 months.

my moral: check out where you ride before you open it up, because you never know what has changed.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I know that feeling. I went screaming down this steep hill in a pit. Since the time before that, someone had gotten stuck at the bottom. Or they were just being an a-hole, either way when I hit those ruts my nards slammed the tank and I pogo'd several times and almost went right over the bars. I immediately leaned back when I felt it slam, fighting the urge to curl in the fital position from having my nards flattened.

Old 11-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

I have already had quite a few just in the about 8 months I have owned my 400.The only thing is there are two that really stand out to me.Both of which I am surprised I am not seriously injured or dead and I mean that in all seriousness.Both have a moral to them.

One time I was going with my friends to the gas station from their house and decided I wasnt going to risk going down the road like they were doing so I took the trail out back of my house that connected to some train tracks.Anyways,like most other train tracks I have seen they had about a 5 foot or deeper ditch on each side that may be like 3 feet wide.One of the sides has barbed wire fence in the ditch and of course that was the side I was traveling on.So I got going down the side of the tracks forgetting all about the fact that there were about 20 or so ties that stuck out farther than others.I got going fast being stupid and shifted to 5th.Then it happened.The side on the ties threw her off course and me, along with my four wheeler into that 5ft deep ditch with barbed wire on the other side.All I remember is looking up laying in the ditch and down rolls my still running ex bottom side up on my right leg making some sharp brush edges pierce into it good.Needless to say this ditch was very hard to get out of alone and I came out of the deal with some nice dark scars down my leg.Glad I missed the barbed wire!

Moral:Never ride alone and be aware of your terrain.

Second Story(I am going to try to make this one shorter) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I was taking a ride around the yard with no helmet(1st mistake)and decided to venture out to a different trail near my house.(2nd mistake)Anyways there was a long stretch of water,forgot about it,shifted to fifth(I know kinda a pattern there)and then my four wheeler decided to hydroplane and catch an edge catapulting me at least 30ft into almost the end of the water.Look up,somehow uninjured,to see my beloved ex once again bottom side up and still barly running in a deep part of the water.At least this time it was easier to get unstuck.

Moral:Always wear a helmet and once again know the terrain

Sorry about the length of the post guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 11-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be called a near hit, a collision is a near miss...

- George Carlin

Old 04-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Just thought I'd resurect this one. I had a pretty good one recently, here's the thread. I don't want to type out all the details, with the 1 good hand I have as a result.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was riding my 110cc 4-speed West Coast Mini Chopper home from a party. I was hauling butt, flying through the neighborhood at about 60mph. I noticed a car coming around a sharp left curve towards me just as I entered the turn, so I slammed on the gas(for no reason...adrenaline I guess.) and stayed on the outside... Well, it had just rained, the asphalt was wet, and any experienced rider knows you can't go full throttle on the outside of a sharp turn. I started veering off the road and panicked. I leaned the bike hard and the foot peg on the left side caught a pothole, sending me, the bike, and my beer...flying.

Moral of the story.. Don't ride and drink alcohol

Old 04-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

And this on time, I climbed up this big mountain of dirt in my backyard that is about 75-foot high with my Honda TRX 250ex and lost grip, went sideways, and slid down about a 75 degree incline all the way sideways...Didn't even flip, The Honda TRX 250ex has a very low center of gravity.