Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Are there any comfortable riding boots?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any comfortable riding boots?

I tried some Alpinestar Tech 4 boots and they are unbearable. They hurt while riding and I could hardly walk in them. I am looking for some riding boots that are at least resonably comfortable to walk around in on the trail. It would be nice if they had an ATV sole with regular boot tread. I see Thor and Fox have boots like this. Any suggestions?

Old 10-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alpinestars are quality, and may take a bit of break-in time. Do you still have the Tech 4's? I wear Tech 5's, and sometimes even my bro's Tech 6 that are about 1/2 size to small. Inititally they were uncomfortable, but now I don't even notice them. I usually put mine on at the beginning of the day and rarely remove them until hours later.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

I would not recommend the Fox ATV boots or any of their cheaper line, they just don't hold up. The Fox Pro-Forma boots are fantastic, very sturdy and they are comfortable once broken in.

Your problem may not be the boots, all riding boots have to break in before they stop hurting your feet. Try getting them wet and walking around for a while before letting them dry, it helps break in the leather.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I could hike across the Sierras in a pair of Tech 4's! Most comfortable boot I can imagine.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

I have an older pair of Tech 2s from 1997. Great boots - although the're beat up pretty good and could use replacement.
I'll definitely get Alpinestars again.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
I would not recommend the Fox ATV boots or any of their cheaper line, they just don't hold up. The Fox Pro-Forma boots are fantastic, very sturdy and they are comfortable once broken in.

Your problem may not be the boots, all riding boots have to break in before they stop hurting your feet. Try getting them wet and walking around for a while before letting them dry, it helps break in the leather.
I was just going to recommend the Fox Forma-Pro's, they are going to be my next boot. Pricey, but a great, comfortable boot. Alpinestars are a great boot to. But with riding boots, you pay for what ya get.

I think he just needs to get used to them to. I hated them when I first started wearing some, but now I feel weird without em. At least on a dirtbike anyways.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

i have tech 8s and 6s they are great...i figure any boot just has to be broke in....

Old 10-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
Wow, I could hike across the Sierras in a pair of Tech 4's! Most comfortable boot I can imagine.
I agree. I LOVE mine. I forget i even have them on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: reconranger
I agree. I LOVE mine. I forget i even have them on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I did try the Alpine ATV boots at first, couldn't find a pair that fit my feet comfortably[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I tried the Tech 6's and love them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Took about a week to get them broken in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now I can drive my truck with them on and can not tell the difference between them and my everyday boots[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

I wear the tech 6's like they are my everyday boots. After break in, they are like heaven. Alpinestars makes quality products. My cousin has a pair of boots by Fly and he wishes he bought the stars.

Quick Reply: Are there any comfortable riding boots?