Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Renegade......sure ain't no sport quad!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renegade......sure ain't no sport quad!

sure it may be big, and what u say is heavy(what is it 550 as for weight?) but im pretty sure it will beat or come close to taking any true sport quad in 300ft drag. i've heard stories of the outty 800's putting shame to some sports, so i cant imagine what this thing will do

Old 05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any big bore machine is great in a straight line drag. It's when you come to that first turn that these hulking monsters fall flat on their face! Check out this post, for example: http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/490156.cfm

But, it's true though, if you are a big guy, you are stuck on a big machine.................

Old 05-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: reconranger
Any big bore machine is great in a straight line drag. It's when you come to that first turn that these hulking monsters fall flat on their face! Check out this post, for example: <a href="http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/17/threadid/490156.cfm">http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess....cfm</A>

But, it's true though, if you are a big guy, you are stuck on a big machine.................
And your point is? The guy says its great for trails but not for MX.. Has the renegade ever been said to be a MX quad? NO its a trail quad/GNCC racing/Desert racing NOT MX. and i would put you to the challenge on your sporty. Come to our ranch and when i have my renegade i will make you look like a fool.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is one persons "trail" is another persons tough, technical, single track. Who knows what this guys definition of a trail really is???? I know lots of folks who consider fire road riding to be "trail" riding.

I have a bunch of friends who have 700's, and they would never ride the "trails" that I rail on riding the 400EX. Hell, I won't even want to ride the clumsy (by comparison) Rancher back in there (although I could use 4X4 in spots).

Old 05-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I have ridden nearly every current quad made... I can ride anything, anywhere.. some are better for some things that others. People round here know i consider a 48" wide trail a highway on my raptor. At home I have Mostly Dozer trails cuz thats whats available to knock the bush and sticks outta the way. I live on some steep ground that i won't let amatures ride on. Ive seen way to many people hurt. so i have to know peoples riding level before they can come ride and i take them only on trails i feel they are ready for. I have every thing from chit you can't make it up.. but its fun trying to just your leisurly cruise. In the woods the only thing that stops me are Ruts. other wise i can go over or thru anything. but when my tires don't touch the ground and get enough traction to overcome the drag of the swing arm im screwed. I have spent allot of time on the outlander 800 testing its abilitys. And most of the things i have said needed changed for aggresive riding have been attempted on the renegade. While no quad is perfect this is a positive step in the right direction for people like me and many others. If it does not seem that way to you.. Don't buy it. But constantly bashing all the quads does nothing.. Do you have experience with these quads? other than your theoretical genius?

Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

How do any of you guys have the right to talk about the renagade, when NO ONE has even riden it or seen it in person??? A few year ago was Brute force this brute force that, then people rode it and realized that it wasn't all that and the suspention had some work to do.

So please don't poo on a machine that you havent riden and give credit to BRP for pushing the envelope of design and trying new things. This should be a wake up call to all the other manufactures to bring out new and exciting designs.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
TPR
The Champ

It has been ridden and tested....Much of the R&D has been real world as CanAm put it in the press release. They essentially started with the Outlander and had Penland and Kilby give imput from the GNCC point of view and Epic's R&D from the desert racing world and created the Renegade, which in racing terms is well suited to both of these scenarios.

TPR

Old 05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Guys, watch the language and slanderous wording. Cleaned up the last several potty mouth posts for our members reading enjoyment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Guys, watch the language and slanderous wording. Cleaned up the last several potty mouth posts for our members reading enjoyment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
Sorry Gary.. I'll try and keep it on the level [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hope i don't loose my upstanding citizenship over all this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: garyc660RGuys, watch the language and slanderous wording. Cleaned up the last several potty mouth posts for our members reading enjoyment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
Sorry Gary.. I'll try and keep it on the level [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hope i don't loose my upstanding citizenship over all this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Nah....you have still maintained your post ho status. BTW, my warning was not towards TPR, we posted about the same time.

Quick Reply: Renegade......sure ain't no sport quad!