Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee?

is a banshee a good choice for an all-around quad? im about 155lbs and i ride trails and some dunes... would this be a good quad? how would it handle on tight trails, ive had mixed reviews and im just trying to get more insight..

Old 08-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee?

speaking from experience on a Banshee, I'd say that if you like riding fast and get in big open spaces like dunes are, they're great. I've ridden mine a few times on trails and hated it. I really prefer a 4-stroke for trail and dirt riding.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default banshee?

From my experience the banshee would be great on the dunes, tonnes of power, but in the trails it would probably bee alittle to snappy. I sold my banshee, years later bought a ds650, and just bought a 06 Outlaw, by far an awesome trail machine. I think the 4 stroke would be better in the trails for you.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default banshee?

the banshee is at home in the dunes, but on the trail it can be quite a handful. if you trail ride with a group of guys who like to go fast and play race, then it is good...

however, for slow-go, putting around, it is not fun and quite a hassle. trust me, the banshee does not like to go slow or idle. it will be spitting fluid quicker than i spit chew(pretty quick) this is my experience anyway...

just my humble opinion

Old 11-28-2006, 12:57 AM
DS2
Range Rover
Default banshee?

All I do is trail/woods/swamp riding and while Shee can be a handfull, it's always exciting. I just got her out in the open this past weekend. It was fun to finally hit 6th a couple of times, but I still prefer the tight stuff. If you are going to putt more than ride at the limit then I'd suggest a 4 stroke. I didn't buy a sport quad to putt. IMO, it boils down to your riding style and personal preference. If it's possible, rent a Banshee for the day. Good luck with your decision.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee?

i use my kfx 400 for trail and dune riding. my banshee is a dune and drag bike. go with a 4-stroke and find a cheap shee to play with. i bought my shee for $500 (in pieces) put another $600 in her and had a killer dune bike!! i love getting out on the sand and giving the 450's hell with my kfx, but when they get cocky i go and get the shee off the trailer and show them why 2-strokes still rule the sand!!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee?

use my kfx 400 for trail and dune riding. my banshee is a dune and drag bike. go with a 4-stroke and find a cheap shee to play with. i bought my shee for $500 (in pieces) put another $600 in her and had a killer dune bike!! i love getting out on the sand and giving the 450's hell with my kfx, but when they get cocky i go and get the shee off the trailer and show them why 2-strokes still rule the sand!!!!
Rico iv just about got all my stuff in..fixing to go back together with her..I cant wait for you to get yours done too..oh but next time we meet up for a little sand dragin...you mite wanna bring a tarp to cover the front of your shee up..couse there is going to be alot of sand blasting going on..LOL j/k

Old 01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee?

I like banshees for both. You have to actually ride it though. You cant just sit on it and go, when it needs to shift, its gotta shift, not like a 4 stroke you can lug around. Get a shee, you wont regret it.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default banshee?

i had a 87 banshee and it was good on hills and dunes but trails it would be a little to quick but if you eaze off the throttle a little bit, u should be good.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee?

doyle , cant wait to see that trailer queen!! i hope it runs as good as your mouth does!! lol-lol

this isnt pinks!! im not giving u any lengths!!

Quick Reply: banshee?