Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Ever asked yourself "why a sport quad?"

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever asked yourself "why a sport quad?"

I ride with 4 wheelers, dirtibkes, and three wheelers almost every weekend during riding season.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

i think the quad u ride equals where u live. up here in new england i'm getting butt kicked by utes. i can't go fast because there are so many huge rocks i have to pick my way. or i go around a corner and its a big mudhole. or a small stream and water will get in the carb/engine and i'm there for hrs. some people are fortunate to live in areas with out that stuff. not me and i'm about to trade in my sport for a quad that won't put instant gratification on my face but will get me through h@ll and back!

Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

It's the fun factor. It's like night and day. Why are there cob web's on my kodiak??
I ride one cause soon I'll be too old to ride anything but a ute![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dirtbikes are fun, but I'm a bit afraid if them. haha! I roe my dad's cr250 factory race bike and damn that was a rush like no other!

I'm just better at quads and can go more all out! It's not just about speed, and that's what you seem to be stuck on, buddy.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Actually I did!
When I bought my first quad (hence "Ozark") I never dreamed these things would be so fun. I got the little utility because #1. I didn't think that I wanted to go fast. #2. I didn't want to put a lot of money into this hobby just incase I find not to like it. It didn't take long to find myself OVER RIDING the little Ozark. I ran the **** outta that little thing for 6 months then moved up to a brand new 04 400EX. Then to a Raptor 660. Then to the Raptor 700. If you were to tell me the day I bought the Ozark that in just 3 years I be running the **** out of a Raptor I'd say "no foeking way, those things scare the hell outta me".......... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

To the original poster, Dude almost everyone I know who started out on a utility as there first quad.............soon ended up on a fast sport quad in no time............No BS!!!!!!!!
Give one a try and you'll never go back to a utility...........unless mud is your ONLY thing (or your a farmer or hunter).

Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duster
OK... I've resisted asking this question here in this section until I couldn't anymore.

Really, do you ever ask yourself why you ride a sport quad?

If you want an ATV, why not a utility quad... and if you want to be sportier and faster, then why not quit wussing around and get a dirtbike?

I'll start it out with one obvious possible answer....

Riding dunes or sand in general.

I can see that one.... what are some more?

This is why I own one.......... Don't ever want to try to ride a dirtbike in the sand.... too much work....

I DID however grow up riding a CR125 and a CR 250R...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, don't get me wrong... I love quads... more than dirtbikes to be honest.

I like the 4x4 utes for crawling around the steep mountains... that's a fun challenge.
But it in no way compares to blazing trails with a sport quad!!!!

It's just that here I read so much about sport quad riders looking for more upgrades, more go-fast goodies, better suspension parts.... all in the quest for more speed in the trails. These guys have outgrown the 350's. 400's, 450's, 650's, 700's and are seeking then next thrill in performance.

Some of these guys just seem so stuck on that.....
And in my opinion it would just make more sense for them to quit forking out money and wrenching around.... and just get a dang dirtbike for that level of performance already.....

They rip faster, fly higher, absorb more and weigh less right out of the box.

But I'm not making an arguement here.... it's been a good thread so far and I've enjoyed reading the different replys.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Trailblazer

if you have to ask then you will never understand.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Trailblazer

To each is Own. I think it matters where u ride. We do alot of trips to Hatfield Mccoy in Wv if It rains Sport quads arent making it. We ride the difficult trails with rock crawls in the middle of steep hills. Hard to explain. Sure u cant throw the big utiltys around in the trails hit a few trees here and there. But as far as hill climbs rocks Climbs 4X4 u need to have those front wheels moving and mud. Last trip buddy took a sport which has no rear indepedent suspension and was soaked sore and beatup after the first 45 miles did not o if he was going to make it the 70 miles we put on after lunch and fuel. He made it back to the house but did not make it out the second day where we put on another 100 miles. He is a really good rider also dont no if 75% of other riders make it on a sport quad

Old 01-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a BF750 UTE, and my budd has a Raptor 700 sport. We switch sometimes, and I can tell you, I like 'em both. We have ridding some extreme trails around TX and Arkansas. He has made almost all of them on the Rappy, but watching him two wheel it over the rocks and boulders in Arkansas can make you a bit squeamish. The Brute just crawls over the stuff. We have also ridden areas that have some mud, and also lots of ruts. We've winched him out a few times as he has no ground clearance or 4wd. On the tight trails, he blows me away, as the brute just can't handle that well. As I look to get another quad, I am torn about what to get. I love the new Grizzly 700, with power steering and Fuel Injection. I also like the Outlaw 525, with the IRS for better clearance and softer ride. I don't have the answer to that yet. As for dirtbikes, I have ridden them before, and while I like them, I love quads. But too each his own, right?

Good question, and good answers from all.

Quick Reply: Ever asked yourself "why a sport quad?"