Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

New KTM's

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New KTM's

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4

I know that. But you said the KTM 525 quad had the new engine in it. I said it didn't that only the bike got the new engine and it's called a 530 and not a 525 to show it's new. So if the quad also got the new engine, it also would be called a 530. So showing you that it does not have the new engine. So the statement of saying the Outlaw 525 and the KTM525 have differnt engines is false.</end quote></div>

I think you are right.

But with that said, it is honestly hard to tell, because the engine/engines are 510cc.

I believe the "new" engine on the "530's" is just a tad higher compression.
And you're right in that this engine is NOT used on the ATV's.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default New KTM's

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: duster

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4

I know that. But you said the KTM 525 quad had the new engine in it. I said it didn't that only the bike got the new engine and it's called a 530 and not a 525 to show it's new. So if the quad also got the new engine, it also would be called a 530. So showing you that it does not have the new engine. So the statement of saying the Outlaw 525 and the KTM525 have differnt engines is false.</end quote></div>

I think you are right.

But with that said, it is honestly hard to tell, because the engine/engines are 510cc.

I believe the "new" engine on the "530's" is just a tad higher compression.

And you're right in that this engine is NOT used on the ATV's.</end quote></div>

There isn't a whole lot different between the 2, but the new engine only has one oil filter whill the older has two. There are a few other changes, but most were done on the 450.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default New KTM's

I'm back to be bad and stir the pot again.... [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Let's see who is off the mark now...
Seems to me that others agree with me and are proving it.

Have a look at this article and what rider Jeremy Rice has to say about it....

http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1307197

To drive home the point, he won the "overall" at the GEICO Mountain Ridge GNCC.
He did so on a stock KTM demo bike... which he put his handlebars and steering stabilizer on.

Just because this is KTM's first try at an ATV for us does not mean that this is not one of the best tries ever attempted.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New KTM's

Hey guys, Andy's site is www.dirtfirstracing.com

Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default New KTM's

Abernathy's has the 525IRS or the 525 S for $6300.00 out the door!!! I will definitely be looking hard at the 525S,if it holds up!!!(Got to be careful of SOME of the first year models,I bought one of the first raptors with the junk trannys)