Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Are Banshee's still the king of quads.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Banshee's still the king of quads.

It has been along time since I have ridden a Banshee but I remember then being insanely quick. Are these bikes still the fastest bikes to be had on flat open terrain? How will my stock Predator hang with a Banshee? Are they close enough that it will come down to the rider or am I simply outclassed?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A stock banshee will be in trouble racing against alot of the quads of today.The technology put toward the new 4-strokes (all the 450's,several of the can-am's,etc)have made alot of them very strong compared to the older 4-strokes.
The banshee has sooo much potential though.Just pipes,porting and a few other mods will really wake one up.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RDZ350

The banshee has sooo much potential though.Just pipes,porting and a few other mods will really wake one up.</end quote></div>

So, since very few of us ride stock quads, the Banshee is still the king of the dunes.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

The trouble with the Shee was that it never really had a good frame or suspension! Sure, it has a thrilling powerband, but no way did that make up for the other bad features.....let this one die a natural death!

I live along the I-10, the route between LA and Glamis. Use to be all you saw in the back of trucks and on trailers was Shees. Now, you hardly see any. Tells me that folks ditched their old Shees pretty quick!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Off Road Junkie

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RDZ350

The banshee has sooo much potential though.Just pipes,porting and a few other mods will really wake one up.</end quote></div>

So, since very few of us ride stock quads, the Banshee is still the king of the dunes.</end quote></div>
I figure if your banshee is one of the big ones(ported,stroker crank,cub cylinders,etc...)then odds are good that it will be king of most dunes.If you're just on a piped banshee then you might be in trouble.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

i would say the banshees time is coming near an end. sadly.
The new 450s are hard to beat. Banshees do respond very well to mods though.
my friend had one and the powerband was truly amazing.
The banshees do come pretty corked though.
with a few mods they may still be the king of drags

Old 03-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Range Rover

Heard a rumor this weekend of a 4-stroke, twin cylinder shee coming late this year. Anyone else heard this?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

the banshee's will be pretty much legends, i mean look at the quadzilla, it is still untouchable when it comes to 2-strokes, altho the suspension sucked and you broke your foot trying to start them but their still around and pretty rare. i guess the banshee will always be known to everyone but these new quads are getting faster. so if you modd the banshee's then they will probably still rule the dunes. but their now middle class quads when it comes to stock.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

heard that rumor to many times

Old 03-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Higgy

Heard a rumor this weekend of a 4-stroke, twin cylinder shee coming late this year. Anyone else heard this?</end quote></div>

herd it and its bs. as far as shees go if upgraded all the way they are pretty much unbeatable in a hill shoot. as far as 4 strokes go the raptor 700 is the king right now. the problem they are having now is not the engine making enough power is the tranny hold it. ive herd someone is putting a way better tranny together like they have for the shees.

Quick Reply: Are Banshee's still the king of quads.