Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

too big for a yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too big for a yfz?

well i got a kfx 700 and love it yea its heavy but it hauls a** its also very smooth through the trails and their are many upgrades i dont how it does at jumps because i just got it 3 days ago but its got plenty of power for wheelies and hill climbs

Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

And you can't beat the sound either =D haha. Congrats on the purchase!! =]

Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

yea if you get one try to find one the the dual exhaust kit i got dual procircuts and it sound sick but even stock they sound nice too

Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I personally like to shift on a sport quad so of the two options I'd go Z400.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I like to shift too, but it's not gonna stop me from buying an automatic, especially if that automatic is faster. haha. Thanks for the input =]

and dual pro circuits (drooling) =0 haha
nice

Old 04-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 330X=]

Yeah, I like to shift too, but it's not gonna stop me from buying an automatic, especially if that automatic is faster. haha. Thanks for the input =]

nice</end quote></div>

I don't know why some people think the kfx700 is faster than a z400.....

I have an '05 z400 and my father has an '04 kfx700 and when both machines were 100% stock it was a dead even drag race until 5th gear, when eventually I would pull away a little bit on the top end....he would simply run out of gearing before me.

If he got in front of me, I could not exactly pass him, and if I got in front of him, he could not pass me.... which says they are about the same speed all around.....

If we switched machines, I would win on the kfx700 because he cannot shift worth a damn and cannot make the most of the power band. That makes me think that the people on z400s who lose to a kfx700 cannot make the most of the power they have under them......

And anyone who loses on a z400 to a kfx700 on an MX track is being beaten by a better rider, not a better quad...... I've seen skilled riders on z400s handily beat guys on 450s who were not as good......

A lot of racing is the rider, only a little is the quad......... you put Doug Gust on a z400 and I'm pretty certain that there are probably only a few people who post here who could keep up on a race ready 450 on an MX track....

Besides, even if the kfx700 is a little faster, the handling department is not even close.... the kfx is a tank, weighs a ton, and handles like a Ute.... it's big and wide and clunky....

The z400 is one of the best handling machines on the planet in stock form.... it is perfectly balanced, has perfect ergonomics, and has excellent suspension in comparison to the kfx it is not even close.......

Mod for mod the z400 can be made to scream and a cheaper price..... everything for the kfx cost more because there are two of everything....and heavy engine mods cost an absolute fortune for not a lot of gain in comparison.....

If you like the kfx, get it..... but don't do it because you think it is a sportier machine in any way......

Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 330X=]

nice</end quote></div>

I don't know why some people think the kfx700 is faster than a z400.....

I have an '05 z400 and my father has an '04 kfx700 and when both machines were 100% stock it was a dead even drag race until 5th gear, when eventually I would pull away a little bit on the top end....he would simply run out of gearing before me.

If he got in front of me, I could not exactly pass him, and if I got in front of him, he could not pass me.... which says they are about the same speed all around.....

If we switched machines, I would win on the kfx700 because he cannot shift worth a damn and cannot make the most of the power band. That makes me think that the people on z400s who lose to a kfx700 cannot make the most of the power they have under them......

And anyone who loses on a z400 to a kfx700 on an MX track is being beaten by a better rider, not a better quad...... I've seen skilled riders on z400s handily beat guys on 450s who were not as good......

A lot of racing is the rider, only a little is the quad......... you put Doug Gust on a z400 and I'm pretty certain that there are probably only a few people who post here who could keep up on a race ready 450 on an MX track....

Besides, even if the kfx700 is a little faster, the handling department is not even close.... the kfx is a tank, weighs a ton, and handles like a Ute.... it's big and wide and clunky....

The z400 is one of the best handling machines on the planet in stock form.... it is perfectly balanced, has perfect ergonomics, and has excellent suspension in comparison to the kfx it is not even close.......

Mod for mod the z400 can be made to scream and a cheaper price..... everything for the kfx cost more because there are two of everything....and heavy engine mods cost an absolute fortune for not a lot of gain in comparison.....

If you like the kfx, get it..... but don't do it because you think it is a sportier machine in any way......</end quote></div>

Could not of said it any better myself!

Old 04-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

its obvious its not sportier than a z400 but the kfx 700 is an excellent trail , drag , hill climbing quad its not made for the track their are some cheap mods that will improve a lot such as clutch springs the air box mod ect.. i bought my kfx 700 bascially because of the price which was 2250 and it is in almost brand new cond

Old 04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

You have a valid point here, that there's 2 of everything, but you gotta admit that dual exhaust is pretty badass, looks and performance. I'm still stuck in the middle though, so anymore opinions would be appreciated. Thanks [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

i whould so rather have a z400. you also have to remember z400 was suzuki's 4stroke race quad before the 450.

the kfx700 has its place. just not where i ride. (so cal deserts)