Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Some feedback Plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some feedback Plz

Hey I am looking into buying a quad for 09 and im trying to decide between a ltr450, a Yamaha Raptor 700R, or a YFZ450. I want it for Jumps and the ocassional trail ride, alot of the trails around here are just flat and stright so I want to be able to haul @## when is comes to that and yet still be able to go take it every now and then to the track. Will the 450 have more acceleration then the raptor if say I put a cherry bomb on it and a yoshimura exhaust? Whats the aftermarket on the Raptor compared to the LTR I know you can get a few nice things to make the LTR haul. Some feedback would be nice thanks.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

i would have to say the yfz450. all three have about the same amount of power stock, the ltr is great for the track, not trails. the 700 would be good for trails but the center of gravity sucks for the track. but the yfz is a mixture of both.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Um.... what is your size (height, weight)? Usually bigger guys will ride the 700. I'm 6 feet, about 200 lbs, and am fine on an LTR. If the trails are just flat and straight, and you want to take it to the track, then the LTR sounds the best. The LTR is 50 inces wide, and it's weight is really centralized and it's pretty low and wide all around so it kicks *** on tracks.

It could have better acceleration than a raptor, just depends on mods, and the driver (weight specifically). W/ a Cherry Bomb and a Yoshi exhaust, and maybe a K & N filter, it will definitely haul.

Beastly, the LTR is good on trails to. Everyone thinks it isn't just because it's better on the track than on the trails. But he says he's just riding straight, flat trails, so if you are riding straight, flat trails AND you want to go to the track and kill, then the LTR is better than the YFZ. Plus, if you get a YFZ, it's carburated, unless you get the YFZ450R, in which case it is 50 inches wide just like the LTR and has fuel injection just like the LTR, and it's more expensive than the LTR. Or at least it was when I got my LTR.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey thanks for the imput im 5'8 and about 180. I have narrowed it down to a 09 YFZ450R or a 09 LTR450 they are both have fuel injection and i think they have the same width but can you get a chery bomb for the YFZ. I guess it comes down to what one I like the best when i go to purchace it because if you sit on the quad and you dont like its rider postion and feel then why buy it. I have to addmit tho both the white and red YFZ and the Black LTR both look like sick quads!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

guess well have to wait for yoshi to catch up with the market!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Alright, you sound like just the right size for a 450. Good to hear! The 09 LTR450 and YFZ450R are both very, very similar machines. Both are fuel injected, and both are 50 inches wide.

And no you can't get a cherry bomb for the YFZ, it's because Suzuki has a partnership with Yoshimura in racing (I believe) and that's why they only make certain parts for the Z400 and LTR 450.

So just yeah, sit on both, take it for a test spin if you can, if not at least start it up and rev it up and down a few times, just to hear it and get a feel for it.

You can check out LTR450hq.com or the LTR central (I'm on both), also there are other forums just for the YFZ, I dunno just look through and hear what people have to say for their machines. I can only say good things about my black LTR so far though!

good luck!

Edit: just checked out Yoshimura's home page, and they have racing deals with Honda and Suzuki, but not Yamaha or Kawi or anyone else, that would explain it.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I think the LTR has 18" tires giving in no ground clearance. I wouldn't recommend it anywhere but the track.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

It has find ground clearance! Like he said (This is the 10TH TIME IM REPEATING THIS IN CASE YOU ALL CANT READ) He's just riding on straight, FLAT, trails and tracks.

I'm assuming that the YFZ450R that he is considering also has 18" ties.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Jesus, dude. I can read. It's my opinion. I'm entitled to it. Just because You have a LTR don't mean it's the best in the world and nobody is saying it sucks. Hell put 20" rims and drop the sprocket and it's fine. Just saying 18" rims suck for trails. I've rode on them. And by the way IN CASE YOU CAN'T READ HE SAID ALOT OF TRAILS ARE FLAT NOT ALL!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Big Jack

I want it for Jumps and the ocassional trail ride, alot of the trails around here are just flat and stright so ....</end quote></div>

Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

THE YFZ450R HAS 21IN UPFRONT AND 20 OUT BACK.YES THE LTR DOES HAVE 18IN TIRES.JUST GO SIT ON THEM AND IF POSSIBLE TAKE THEM FOR A SPIN.WE CAN RECOMMEND ALL WE WANT BUT IT'S UP TO YOU TO GET OUT AND TRY THEM.NOW THE LTR DOES HAVE CRUDDY GROUND CLEARANCE WITH THOSE 18INCH TIRES,TO COMPENSATE ADJUST THE SUSPENSION!THOSE ARE FULLY ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS THERE PRELOAD,COMPRESSION AND REBOUND.

Quick Reply: Some feedback Plz