Search this Thread

Old 12-31-1999, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

opinions please

Old 01-01-2000, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

I have a 1995 Blaster, 1996 Warrior and "Little Blue" (1987 YFM100).

1. The Blaster is an excellent machine for any rider less than 160 lbs. It is lightweight, easy to handle and a thrill to ride when you look at the price to excitment ratio. It is easy to manuver in the air, short and light for the trails, and if your unfortunate enough to have to pick it up off your body you will appreciate its weight. Because of it's simple design, repairs are minimal, fairly inexpensive and usually accomplished with basic hand tools quickly.

2. The Warrior: I really enjoy this machine. It has excellent power, a simple to use reverse gear, electric start and is more suited to larger riders. It is heavier, longer, wider, faster, more expensive, quieter, and a real kick to ride / fly.

3. "Little Blue". I have found that everyone has their own "favorite" quad, but it seems that people still enjoy the ride regardless of the machine.

Hope this helps.

bhocker@hotmail.com

------------------

Old 01-02-2000, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

speed goes in order from fastest to slowest: warrior(just by a little), 300EX, Mojave, Blaster, Handling? best-worst: 300EX, blaster, mojave, warrior. suspension? best to worst: 300EX, warrior, blaster, not sure about the mojave. thanks

Ranger

Old 01-03-2000, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

I ride a 98 Warrior with a few basic mods (steering stabilizer and new tires are the most important) and have ridden with a few of the other sport quads. All are very capable machines. The Mojave's biggest drawback is the kick starter and no battery. The Blaster has less trouble here as that little two stroke is very easy to start but the lighting is still weak. Of the 300EX and Warrior most people are full of crap, they are very comparable machines with the power edge going to the Warrior and tighter turning radius to the EX. I'd be very happy with any of those machines and the biggest deciding factor would probably be the price. Have fun and enjoy the sport.

Old 01-03-2000, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

If I had to pck between the Honda and the Yamaha, I would go with the Honda for MY type of riding which is mostly sandy trails and stuff.

------------------
Evan Johnson 99 400EX 88 LT250R

I apologize ahead of time for my bad spelling/typing

Old 01-19-2000, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have riden all of these machines and I like the Honda the best it handles very well, jumps good, and has pretty good power. My second choice would be a blaster althought its a bit small its a good machine. I do not like warriors they handle, and jump very badly but have decent power.

------------------

Old 01-19-2000, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Okay I couldnt hold my tongue on this one. The Warrior handles and jumps BADLY? Have you ever ridden one?? I have ridden a 300EX and if the Warrior handles BADLY then the EX is a pretty poor rig too. Gee I wonder if any quad handles well? Is the 250R just mediocre? I would say the Max or Argo 6x6's would probably handle and jump badly but not a sport atv. Even a big Polaris doesnt handle or jump BADLY. Ride a Warrior sometime before you post such ridiculousness. If you rode one that handled badly it probably had blown shocks and a bent frame!

Old 01-19-2000, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

hmmm lets see Mr45auto- Now some where along the line you got me lost. Are you saying that no fourwheeler is a good handler? that makes no sense. there IS a benchmark quad out there when it comes to handling and jumping. The quad is the 250R. Now the 300EX IS A BETTER QUAD OVERALL. the warrior only has speed on it. I think the same with you though, the warrior does handle well, just not as well as the 300EX. They are both very good quads, VERY GOOD QUADS! thanks

------------------
RangerSX 1987 Honda 250X(completely stock)

Old 01-20-2000, 12:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't mean to say the warrior is a bad machine because it isn't. I just think in stock trim they don't handle very well because of the tires mostly. A few slight mods and there great.

400ex/Recon/blaster

Old 01-20-2000, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

I was being sarcastic. The point was if the Warrior is BAD then the others must not be that great either. And compared to most newer dirt bikes quads dont handle all that well. I still like quads better though. The 250R is of course the Benchmark for handling and I dont contest that. An interesting point here too though of power vs handling. The Banshee is noted for not being as friendly as the 250R but there are lots of folks who will sacrifice a bit of handling and ease of use for that sheer power advantage. Kind of off the original subject here so I'll just quit now.

Quick Reply: blaster vs warrior vs mojave vs 300ex