Amen

Old 03-14-2001, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be american buy american

Old 03-15-2001, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

You guys crack me up. If it weren't for the Japanese machines, there wouldn't be anything worth riding and you know it. I bet most of you are riding Japan's finest right know, and if you are not, you probably can't afford one. Most of the major manufacurers are building their machines in the U.S. anyhow, have you ever heard of American Honda?
What a bunch of ignorant bigots.

Old 03-15-2001, 09:41 AM
Range Rover

Yeah ridzhard, I ride a Honda that is 13 years old (chassis) and 15 years old (motor) because the Japanese have not come out with anything better since. None of the Japanese put ANY technology into new quads, at least Cannondale is using technology from this decade. I am glad you are satisfied that the Japanese refuse to put any development into the market that is providing a large portion of their revenue.

Old 03-15-2001, 05:02 PM
87r
Range Rover

Hey Ridzhard:

Whew! What got you all riled up?

Yeah, I ride Jap bikes and quads. In fact, I buy a new MX race bike every single year (a KX).

Does that mean that I should not even WANT an American company to try to step up to the plate and build something competitive? If and when there is a viable alternative to Jap stuff I will be the first to buy it. I agree that nothing they make now is close to the Japs, but maybe things will change.

Does that make me a bigot?

You need to get laid or something.

Old 03-15-2001, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I resent that comment you made about the Raptor. The 660R is every bit as tough as my 250R was, if not moreso. Just look at the monster of a swing-arm that the put on it and the frame is just as stout.

Actually try to know what you are talking about before you try comparing machines; remember, people might actually make the mistake of going off on your statements instead of doing homework themselves...

...just a little constructive criticism...

Oh yeah, you should post the name of the dealer. Consumers have a right to know which dealers rev a "brand new" machine to redline and then pass it off as never run...

Old 03-15-2001, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

AlaskaTRX, are you directing your comments toward my original post? I went back and re-read my post multiple times and am unsure where your constructive critism originates from. Am I wrong or is there a tone of anger in your post?

When I write about the apparent build quality of the Cannondale versus the Honda and Yamaha I do not mean for it to be a Phd thesis on structural integrity. I was just trying to relay my initial observations.

The dealer is WORLD OF POWERSPORTS 217-423-6521 E-mail Wop4bikes@ccipost.net. I have spent a good sum of money with them and they have not tried to rip me off or mislead me. I have never heard anything derogatory about them.

I thought people would be more interested to hear about the Cannondale. I remember when the Raptor first was released. If I had posted a ride review,however limited, on the Raptor this soon after it had hit dealer floors I would not have been able to keep up with the questions.

Anger is not what prompts this reply. Clarification is. If you have more questions or concerns or anyone else does ask me. I am hoping this quad kicks the Big 4 into doing something great.

Paul

Old 03-16-2001, 04:35 AM
Range Rover

At least im a AMERICAN ignorant bigot. Oh and i ride a Ds650. I once owned a yamaha actually a couple of them and they both sucked. I will never buy Japanese again. Come on Cannondale.

Old 03-16-2001, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

No anger, just sarcasm...

I, too, hope that this offer from C-dale helps jump-start the more performance oriented end of the sport quad spectrum. Sure, the Raptor and DS have big engines, but the output from these beasts is quite tame compared to their two-wheeled brethen. The 400EX engine is also detuned from what is considered one of the most mild-mannered trail bikes around.

I am not sure the significance of sales impact the FX400 will mean to Yamaha and Honda; but, if the sport market is as hot as we think it is, it won't dent overall sales at all. If anything, it will just draw more people into the market, not people that were looking anyways (you know, dirt bikers that cross-over and other quadoholics holding out for some truely eye-opening performance and technology).

Suzuki will come out with that DR-Z 400 engined quad, but that will be detuned also, as with the Kawasaki, I'm afraid. But, hey, at least we finally have new machines to buy and mod. Personally, I like any sport quad, as long as you can get alot of power out of it and buy aftermarket shocks for the thing.

Old 03-17-2001, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yhanks for the info Paul. I am sure most of us understand you are just giving your feelings based on a limited ride in a parking lot. I wish more people would take a second and give us their feelings on different machines and waste less time complaining about past posts.
I also on a Cdale F2000 bike and it has served me VERY well. If there powersport dealers are 1/2 as good as my bicycle dealer I am sure 99% of the people will be happy. I am also glad a PA based company is attempting to make a quad. I feel who ever makes the best quad for ME will deserve my business no matter where the company started or is based. By the way, who are all those Ohio (USA) workers working for... Oh yes, it is some "jap" company called Honda.........

Quick Reply: I have ridden the new Cannondale.