Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

How can I convince my dad that sport quads are good on trails ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took those at the truck... last time i brought a camera on the trails it got broke

Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm just jackin with ya! friend. i've been reading the posts about them helmet cams. i just don't know enough about them. i'd like to get one that would take still shots too.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry my friend, i couldn't resist the outhouse comment. it was too much when i saw them in the pic. the temptation was too great and i indulged. but i hear you, cameras on trails is good idea if we got the right equipment. i'll keep shopping.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by cannuckkid1
Good day everyone,
recently I was looking for a new helmet and decided to look around at some local dealers (Honda and Can Am) and after having no success, I thought for fun I'd look at some of their sport quads. I looked at the trx450r and Can Am Ds450 Xmx. It's been a few years since I've driven quads mainly since I switched over to dirtbikes, but after just sitting on the new sport quads I'm interested again !

But I've hit a road block. I ride mainly trails, nothing too technical and not very much mud. My problem is my father won't let me purchase a sport quad because he says that they're no good for the trails

So is there anyway I could convince him that they are good for the trails ? I've heard many pros and reviews say that both of these quads are good on the trails.
Thanks!

Maybe something like this.....
I though about what you said in reguards to a new 450. I think you may be right a 450 would be a handful and not the best trail machine. What do you think about me getting a 400? They are more tame and trailable. In a few years when Iam older and more mature I could move up to a 450.

I think if you turn to the internet to try to find ways to get your dad to get you a 450 you might be too young for one in the first place. Iam sure your dad is just looking out for you.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky

[/IMG]

Look on my handelbars, i actually bought a camera mount, it was a cheap ebay one i got for $5....... Not worth the box it came in..... engineering was the worst i've ever seen, had to rig it just to get it to clamp, and it wobbles so much, not gonna trust my camera on it.....

been looking at this:

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero2-motorsports-edition/

Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

Being the father of SIX, yes I said SIX kids, I think everyone is missing the point. Nobody on this forum has any right to speak against this young mans dad. this is an issue between a father and a son.

DogRunner2 - you hit the nail on the head with your response....

Old 08-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
Utilitys are an overkill on normal trails... They ride and act like a tank, crawling over mini obsticlals that we sport riders may... jump....

Post the gncc utility class video's if you are going to be pulling up racing as evidence

Old 08-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoisyPoPo
Post the gncc utility class video's if you are going to be pulling up racing as evidence
Well sure, but you do realize the womens, senior, and c classes all run at the same time/same track as the utes, right? Then the A and B classes run much of the same track in the afternoon, AFTER the morning classes have had a chance to rut the track out?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter86
Well sure, but you do realize the womens, senior, and c classes all run at the same time/same track as the utes, right? Then the A and B classes run much of the same track in the afternoon, AFTER the morning classes have had a chance to rut the track out?
I've seen plenty of races where the 2wds couldn't make it up wet hills too. A race I was watching got stopped because of a wet hill that was maybe 25 feet up. Even with momentum they weren't getting up it. If the mud is deep and the hills are rocky and can't be approached with the, "pin it to get through or over it", method a 4wd is a better way to go. If you've got back problems an IRS machine is also much more comfortable to ride. I like sport quads. But, I live in New England, personally. We learned there are some places where a sport quads limited ground clearance and lack of 4wd didn't make it. Once we went to 4wd we learned that the tow ropes come in handy for the guys who didn't have it. Now if I lived in an area where there wasn't as much mud, snow, and rocky hill climbs I could ride a sporty. Just got tired of having to extract them from nasty situations.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, not everyone is looking to ride in deep mud, snow, and crazy rock gardens. If someone is looking for a machine to jump, slide, wheelie, ride fast, and to satisfy that little speed demon in all of us, then I certainly wouldn't advocate a 4x4 as a first choice. The truth is that many trails are easily handled by pretty much any machine out there. The question is are sport quads suitable for trail riding, and the answer is absolutely. Where else would you propose using a 300EX or even the slew of 2wd utes from years gone by? Mud, rocks, and snow were not invented after 4x4 became the norm on utes...

Quick Reply: How can I convince my dad that sport quads are good on trails ?