Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Whats wrong with my Yamaha Blaster..Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with my Yamaha Blaster..Help!!

This is how it all started...The boy I got it from said he used amsoil as his mix...first couple days it rode great...I added some mix I had which to be honest I think was briggs an Stratton (sp)...that's when it all started...It would bog down while riding..wouldn't take throttle...If you pushed throttle it would die..if you didn't push throttle it would die within a few seconds...after 3-4 kicks it would crank back up and run again like it never happened..did that for a couple days...Then yesterday it started up but wouldn't take throttle at all...couldn't even ride it....so today we took carb off and cleaned it..didn't fix it...we put in a new plug and that didn't fix it neither

Old 02-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did the plug look like? Was it oil fouled? If I remember, the Blaster has oil injection. But, if you are mixing your own gas and you mixed it correctly, it should not have mattered. You may be running way too rich, which is why I asked what the plug looked like. Did it run well before you put new premix in it? If it did, drain the tank and start fresh.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I got it running again. It had to do with the parking brake. I unplugged it under the hood and now she's running again. Only thing now is it smokes waaaaay too much. I'm gonna try some different mix ratios to see if that helps. I just had 32:1. So I'll try 40:1 next

Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

anyone know how to do a oil change?? blaster 2002 ...

Old 06-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you talking about the transmission oil?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default baster

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Are you talking about the transmission oil?
Yea I think I got it. Its on bottom of engine but....the bolt is stripped and I can't get it off. Any suggestions on how to get stripped bolt off I tried vise grips. Didn't work

Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

i need help guys.. i just traded my dirt bike for a yamaha blaster yesterday.. it ran fine no problems the first hour i had it,.. i rode it up the street to the store to fill it up with gas, i did, and then on my way home.. the quad just died in the middle of 4th gear, the back tired seemd to try and lock up which could have been from being in gear maybe?? idk but it will not crank back up,?? what do you think happened?

Old 06-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

You really should start your own thread instead of taking over someone elses. You say you rode to fill it up? If I am not mistaken, the Blaster has an injector tank for 2-cycle oil. Did it have oil in it? Either way, if you mix it your self, or rely on the injector, if there was no oil mixed with the gas, you probably seized the motor.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know how to work this site or anything man, I apologize and yes the guy explained that oil tank on the back end of the 4 wheeler was over half way full, still is..

so idk if that could be the problem.?? some say to block it off? idk much about, that is why I am on here looking for some answers and advice...

thanks

Old 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Will the motor turn over, or is it locked up?

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with my Yamaha Blaster..Help!!