Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Whats wrong with my Yamaha Blaster..Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the motor will turn over, if you know of a better way to contact me,, you can email me at Jeffrey@paystarlogistics.com oOR text me 980-219-3521

im really hoping its something minimum like I see a lot of other talking about.. but yyeah I tried cranking it several other times afterwards yesterday.. and you can kick it over.. so I don't think it is locked up..

Old 06-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it turns over, that is a good sign. Pull your spark plug out and see what it looks like. Check to see if you have spark, and confirm that fuel is getting to the engine. If you do have spark, remove the air breather (Do not ride it without the breather) and shoot some WD-40 into the carb to see if you can start it.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will check to see today about the spark... would the plug fouling cause it to shut off like that and not crank back,

Also with fuel. I know it was getting fuel because we could not get it crunk until we turn the fuel on...lol

Also curious about the TORS thing I have read everyone talking about, do you think that could be a problem>?

Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Yes sir. If your plug is fouled, you will never get it started. Its best to just get new plug. TORS is a safety feature designed to shut off your engine in the event that the throttle sticks wide open-throttle override system. If your Blaster has this, then yes, it can be the problem.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its supposedly 2000 model, does that year come with it..

If so it may have already been removed I have no idea. I just learned about this TORS thing today trying to google what could possibly be wrong ya know..

Also about the plug.. is it possible to cause what it did.. as in me riding in 4th gear cruising and it foul during the ride> would it shut it off immediately like that?

Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, your Blaster does have TORS. There is a "how to remove" video on YouTube about this. And yes, if you were just cruising, it could happen. Good luck.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks I do appreciate it, I will more than likely work on it after work today, I went out yesterday and bought a basic tool set, so now I will have some tools. I just recently moved into a new house within the last month. and so im still getting settled in and havea 8 month old little boy. so time is valuable..lol thanks for all the help. I am going to check out the plug, put a new one in. and then disable the TORS.. hopefully I will have luck if not I guess next would be to tare down the carburetor..

although I was curious that if while I am kicking the motor over and press the gas, the sound changes like its sucking more air I assume>?? anyways my curiousity is there anyway you can tell if it is getting gas by that? as in does that mean it is sucking for gas so its getting gas, or could still not be getting gas to the carb??

Old 06-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Before disabling the TORS, check to see if your throttle is stuck wide open. If it operates smoothly, it is not stuck and there really isn't any need to disable the TORS. And no, you can't tell if it is getting gas this way. Pull the fuel line to verify that gas is getting to the carb. But, just because the carb is getting fuel doesn't mean that it is delivering it. That is why I suggested spraying WD-40 into the carb and then trying to start it.