Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

400EX or Banshee??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am lookin for a new sport quad,and ive narrowed it down to these 2.What is the top end on both(mph)?Which is the best for fsat trail riding?I am familiar with 2strokes so mixing the gas and the power range isnt a problem.Which is the best durability wise.

Old 08-10-2001, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

<u>400EX</u>

Old 08-10-2001, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Do you want speed or handling? The banshee goes about 73 and the 400ex give or take 63. I would choose the 400ex b cuz there pretty fast and they handle very nicley.

Old 08-10-2001, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

the 400 is a much better buy for your money it is state of the art compared to the she ...and is very buttet proof ...a lot less maintenance to ...if your a jumper the 400 fly's great and the she lacks in suspention and has a very week axel ...both quads have a ton of after market part's avalible ...the she can be made to go faster than the ex ..but over all the ex is the better quad..(only my 2 cents)maybe try a ds ...lol

Old 08-10-2001, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

buddy the 400ex goes 67 get your facts straight!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2001, 03:33 AM
Trailblazer

sorry yel400exman the 400ex only does about 62 mph. who ever told you 67 must be smoken some good $hit. Pass it over here if you dont mind. ok seriously now I would pick the 400ex because of the better handling and suspension for trail riding, not to mention the reliability and more usable power from top to bottom. The Banshee is great for racing if thats what you want to do, the 400 ex is not great at any one particular thing but is GOOD for most everything.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2001, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

mudman2k1, i had to make the same descision as you. and it all comes down to what kind of riding you do. i ride trails,jump (not to say a banshee can't jump pretty good but the 400 is better in my opinion) ,and race so i picked the 400. if you like to drag race alot, dune ride, and just ride in really wide open places get the banshee.

Old 08-11-2001, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

weed man i know what your smoking!! who the $uck told you it goes 62 wtf is wrong with youmy friends 400ex stock we clocked it at 67 on pavement perfect road, and the magazines even say 65 but they test on dirt! so get your facts straight!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2001, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Well, like Juggalo said, it depends on your riding environment. Whatever the top speed is of the 400ex doesn't matter; it's nowhere near the potential of a Banshee. The Banshee will do low 70s stock and low 80's with JUST A PIPE. Personally I ride my Banshee in all kinds of terrain and it does fine except for the slow going rocky stuff. The slow stuff mainly poses a problem because of liquid cooling with no fan; you can overheat if you're going too slow too long. As far as suspension goes; I am not a good enough rider to tell a difference between a good suspension and a great suspension so it's not an issue for me.

The Banshee is EXTREMELY reliable; for some reason people are very ignorant when it comes to 2 stroke reliability. A 2 stroke motor has very few moving parts compared to a 4 stroke plus the electrical system is much simpler on a 2 stroke. Simpler in general means more reliable. The only place where you are going to have higher maintenance is in top end rebuilds every so often but there are a LOT of people with top ends that are at least 5 to 10 years old. Depends on how you care for your machine with regard to jetting, air filter and quality 2 stroke oil mixed at a reasonable ratio. My Banshee is 2 years old and is still at stock spec on compresison after thousands of miles, mostly dune riding.

By the way, NEITHER the 400ex or Banshee is anywhere close to state of the art; they both are based on at least decade old technology.

So, it's up to you what kind of riding you want to do. Don't let myths stop you from getting the machine you know you really want.

Old 08-12-2001, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

HA! HA! yel400exman, don't tell me you beleive everything you read in those magazines, thats almost as bad as beleiving everything you see on tv. Yeah you must know alot about 400ex's considering you don't even own one. Let me guess that POS polaris trailblazer you owned must have done around 90 mph. I might not know it all about atv's but I do know that a stock 400ex will only do 62-63 mph tops, and that I would never own a POS Polaris or another sport machine, cause in my neck of the woods if you aint got a 4x4 you aint got $hit!!! So remember pinch it at the top before you roll it down.

Quick Reply: 400EX or Banshee??