Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Do you consider the Polaris Scrambler/Sport 400 as a sport machine ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2000, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's something that I would like to desagree with most of you guys! Why the hell doesn't anyone consider the Polaris Sport 400 (or the Scrambler) as a pure sport machine ? That I would like to know !
Is it the automatic transmission ? Because in the woods or in the mud I can drive faster than a Banshee ! Is it the suspension ? I believe it's very good !
I know it's not because of the engine, as I believe it can beat a stock 400EX and it's also pretty reliable.
So please explain me your reasons. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2000, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yo, kiddo, it is because they are aimed at beginners with features like an auto tranny, single-lever braking, floor-boards, and tremendous weight. That was the answer you were expecting, right?!?

Old 02-23-2000, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

I owned a 97 Sport and I can tell you for a fact, it can't beat a stock 400EX. Even though the Polaris has more h.p., it also has an auto tranny, and excessive weight. I would consider the Sport 400L (or now the Scrambler 2X4) to be considered a sport machine however. It's definitely not a high performance quad, or really even a performance quad. The only thing that it could be used for is just sporting around. Sorry about all the bad news, but after owning both a 400EX and the Polaris. There is only one comparison, "They both are quads".
www.geocities.com/hulioni/

Old 02-23-2000, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

The Scramblers are aimed at people who want to have fun. They aren't made for work or utilty, they're aimed to have a blast!!! If thats not a sport quad..then I don't know what is

Old 02-23-2000, 09:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We only have a few catigories to choose from. Take the polaris 400L. I dont think polaris planed the 400L to do any utility work. It was intended as a pure sport quad. I dont think polaris quads are aimed at beginners. A $6,000 quad is not a beginners quad. Though they are very friendly to use, an automatic tranny is just the polaris way. Just wait until polaris drops some of the weight off there quads. Would you like a 400LB. polaris scrambler that would blast a banshee in the weeds on the road and off?

Old 02-24-2000, 05:48 AM
Trailblazer

Mr. AlaskaTRX-trying-to-make-fun-of-this-issue,

You know, there are always good things and bad things about any quad, in fact there are always good and bad things pretty much about anything. What I wanted to hear from you was a mature answer. Let me tell you "kiddo" I am probably much older than you. Try to be more educated.

Old 02-24-2000, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider

Sport quad? Yes! High performance in stock trim? No! While I consider my Sport a high performance quad, I wouldn't consider a new one as such. Of course, if you have the money you could turn even a Suzuki LTF 250 4WD into a high performance machine. My Sport is just a lot closer to high performance than the afore mentioned Suzuki is.

Old 02-24-2000, 06:16 AM
Trailblazer

Mike, I don't consider my Sport as a high performance quad althought it is a very good machine with just a few mods. But do I think it can compare with a 400EX or a Banshee in some terrain conditions ? Yes definitely !
What do you like the most in Polaris and why did you choose to have one instead of an Honda or Yamaha?

Old 02-24-2000, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

lol... hehe... get a sense of humor...

Old 02-24-2000, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

JBN_Sport400,

After owning Hondas for a good portion of my life I decided to make the switch after riding a friends 1995 Sport 400. I liked the reverse, automatic transmission and most especially the POWER! At the time Honda only had the 300EX, the Banshee didn't have reverse and I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with the Warrior. The combination of smooth controlable power and creature comforts had me hooked. I at first didn't get the Sport. I got the Trailblazer and loved everything about it except the speed. At the time the aftermarket had very little in the way of mods for the Trailblazer so the logical conclusion was to buy the Sport. The Sport stayed stock for a while but then things began to snowball once I met Jack Schultz. The rest is history.

Quick Reply: Do you consider the Polaris Scrambler/Sport 400 as a sport machine ?