Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

300EX

Old 03-19-2000, 01:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about buying a new 300ex. If I buy one and put a K&N power kit and a Big Gun exhaust on it how fast will it go? My freinds have warriors and I want to be able to keep up or out run them!
Thanks for any help!

Old 03-19-2000, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The jet kit and exhaust is a good idea, but I am not a big fan of the Big Gun exhaust. You will also notice an some more power if you run with out airbox lid, I put and Outterwears cover on. Remember to watch out for deep water with out the cover. Change the front sprocket from a 13T to a 14T and it will run better on top end and you should still be able to climb almost any hill.
A Warrier most of the time will beat a 300ex in a drag race or be close to even depending on the rider. But the 300 will win the race on the mx track and the race in the woods.

many 250r's
87 250X
400EX

Old 03-20-2000, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 14T front sprocket on my 99 300ex and a k&n power kit. i also have a wider supertrapp head pipe and have the blockers taken out of my stock silencer. It can beat a bayou 220 bored to a 260 with a larger carb , k&n power kit and this 220 also has a cobra exhaust this bike can eat a trailblazer and i just walk past him on my EX!!

Old 03-21-2000, 09:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

I own a 1996 yamaha warrior. I'm looking into buying eather a blaster or a 300ex. I probubly am going to get the EX. A buddy of mine has a stock 1995 300EX. This past week i drag raced him with my cobra pipe off the warrior. We raced 5 times. Twice I was on the 300EX and three times I was on the Warrior. Quess what? I beat him 5 times in a row. This goes to show that riderskilll determans most of the time, the speed of your quad.

Old 03-21-2000, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

buy a kawasaki mojave its faster,cheaper,lighter
and more reliable!

Old 03-22-2000, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

With a pipe and filter along with a 14 tooth counter sprocket you should have no problem riding with Warriors. Chances are you may even roost'em a bit.

Old 03-22-2000, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer

Just to let you know the EX is lighter
300ex = 377lbs
Mojave = 379lbs

Old 03-22-2000, 08:14 AM
Trailblazer

A little more piling on...

The 300EX is faster too. I pounded a Mojave in a drag and as far as the trails? Well, that goes without say.

Like anyone expected accurate info about a Kawi or a Honda from a guy named "Suzuki". Bygones.

Hillside Hawk
'94 300EX

Old 03-23-2000, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

trxray & Hillside Hawk,

I'd gain 2 LBS, for liquid cooled, DOHC, 11:1 compression ratio, good choke, reliable reverse that easy to use, better reliability and $1,000 left over for mods anyday.

Hillside Hawk,

You are full of enough crap to make up for the 2 LBS. You must have a couple grand in mods to beat a stock Mojave in a drag and in the woods with a little 8:1 compression ratio 300. Or better yet maybe it was the Lakota 300 and you just thought it was a Mojave.

The Mojave runs with Warriors until they hit 6th gear or around 55 MPH. I was able to do that on a '00 Mojave on the 1st ride. I ran off and left the Warrior in the woods and I wasn't even used to it yet. So, don't spoon feed crap, no way are you keeping up in tight woods. And further more, you would bee lucky to run 9's in a 100yd drag race on pavement with a stock 300EX. So, by the time you get to your 1 or 2 MPH higher topend I highly doubt you would ever catch up. The only way you would have an advantage is if both quads were running side by side at 50+ MPH, then you might pull away a little.

I don't even own a Mojave, but that still gets under my skin. GREEN WITH ENVY???

Old 03-23-2000, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

Oh come on Duster. I'm not full of that much crap. I did beat a Mojave, now you may speculate that it could have been driver error as it sounds like you know a bit about the Mojave, but I'm not coming in here intentionally lying to put on the kneepads for my 300EX. I don't need to do that. The new ATV Sport did a shootout between these two and once again, just like in many other 300EX comparison's the Honda came out on top. Read for yourself. And as for spewing crap, I've read some of your witty replies in other threads. Your senseless babble comes shining through when you talk of the Mojave and Warrior being that far out ahead of the 300EX. Let's shake hands and talk facts for a change. The 300EX is documented being the better of both the Warrior and Mojave ESPECIALLY in the tight woods. Everyone knows the Warrior has the better top speed than the 300EX (I don't know about the Mojave) so you're the one talking crap when you say the 300EX has "1 or 2 higher top end mph", because it doesn't.

Look, don't tear down my reputation in here because your hard-chargin' to make your own point. I only can talk of what I know and don't pretend to know otherwise. I think for the most part and others will likely agree that the riders size, style and skill level factors in much more than is often written in these threads.

Okay Duster, I'm finished with you.

Hillside Hawk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 300EX