Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Can you keep up with a bike??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you keep up with a bike??

Not to take anything away from your riding ability, but I've seen some quad riders take woops at speeds I've never thought possible. Granted these guys are unusually good, can clear 75' foot table tops in their sleep and have suspensions from heaven. I think that it's just a lot easier to float over when you've got two skinny wheels in-line. I've said many times, "Riding a moto-x bike is like riding a rocking horse and riding a quad is like riding a pissed off bull." Tell those two wheel riding prima donnas that, next time you get flack for riding a real machine.

Old 02-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

LOL...thanks for your support!!! I'm far from a pro rider...no dbout...but like i said...i can hang with em anywhere but the whoops. Im thinkn bout a TCS rebuild soon...ill keep ya posted [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

P.S. Check out this thread and the guys web site [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...TARTPAGE/1.cfm

Old 02-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

I use to have a YZ80 that I raced and it was so fast for a little 80, it would burn all of my quads and do a wheelie while passing them, man bikes are a lot faster. Quads are a lot faster on trails that's about it

Old 02-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

I have raced with the #1 80 bike for our area on a mx track and could hang with no problems. As long as you are doing the same jumps there is little diffrence. And he races with the 250 intermediate class also.

Old 02-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Range Rover

IMO, its like this, on a bike you just lean into the turn, whip it around and your through it, no problem. On a quad its like you have to powerslide through the turn, and shift A LOT more weight to the inside to carry enough speed while not two-wheeling it. And, as a whole, your dirtbikes have a better power-to-weight ratio. I HATE riding bikes, but i think they'll always have an edge over a similarly-experienced quad racer.

Old 03-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: rivermobster
Im tired of gettin ragged on for ridin a quad!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you man,
theres only one other quad rider where i live and everytime even something little goes wrong(ex. sparkplug foul) all they say is "see, you should have gotten a dirt bike" i hate the abuse i see some of us take. All we are to them are trail makers. Ive seen a few kids get beat on bikers to "pack the jump" or "make a trail there" Im not busting on the bike guys in this forum because most of them have actually ridden a quad and they respect them, but what the hell to some of those guys?

Old 03-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

lol...damm dude....that blows! its only my brother in-law doin most of the raggin on me...so i jus tell him to bite me!!! eventually ill find a way to beat his sorry #aa...till then...i jus keep smilin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

i have had the same problem...at our local motocross track they wont let us (the quads) have a practice day, we have to race last motos so we supposedly dont mess up things, there is ralrly anyone to race against exept little kids on stock 400exs and zs, not to brag but my level of racing agaist those people is like ricky charmical in a 250 novice class , id love to come up and race in the north and east agaist all u guys with the hopped up zs, r,s and etc down here there is nothing and we do get ragged on every day for having two extra wheels i just bought a kx 125 and to tell you the truth i suck.... and its fun to do it all over again and learn how to ride i still have the ex and love it to death when this sport grows ill be back but im having fun on the bike...and theres nothing you can do to a quad to make it faster and handle better than a bike...tim farr is prolly as fast as a novice 250 rider on his quad so the aswer is no...quads will not keep up with bikes on atrack but all of yall would smoke me on my bike cause I suck!!! ; )

Old 03-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Too funny!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Can you keep up with a bike??