Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Raptors are slow

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptors are slow

come on guys. all quads are so slow stock. thats why i dont always like comparing stock quads because the big ones are so restricted. ive owned a raptor before and many other quads, and for a 660, my dad and i were disappointed in the power. so if the 700 only beats the raptor by .2, that has to be the most restricted quad to date

Old 02-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Raptors are slow

some guys don't like mods, so they have to know what they're gettin when they get it off the showroom floor. As for we, we like big bad mods, and our speed is pretty much limited to our paycheck. I'm gonna be slower than you, cause i spend less $$ on my toy. I can live w/ that.

Old 02-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptors are slow

i never said i modified ut. all im saying is they should have a shootout with them all fully modified to potential. (no turbo or big bore, then its not as fair)

Old 02-28-2003, 09:09 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Raptors are slow

Slow (Raptor & 700) compared to What?

A Honda Recon, I don't think so.

A 500+cc 2 Stroke Banshee with a shot of NOS, Of course.

What is the point you are trying to make? There is a thing called Product Liability. Meaning that if a company like Bombardier builds a Quad that will do 150mph and they then sell that quad to a person who's abilities are below the skill level required to handle such a quad, and they proceed to injure or possibly Kill themself on it, Bombardier will be held responsible for those injuries or that death.

It's what is know as a Reasonable Expectation. In building a 150mph quad Bombardier would have to know that, people that were not qualified to handle such a quad would have access to and as a result, would end up being injured or killed on this quad. Therefore, they would be liable.

Do you think that it is some kind of coincidence that all of the High Performance Sport Quads are all somewhat close in their performance (5 to 10 mph difference in top speeds). In this day and age of Law Suits and Litigation, the quad manufacturers are skating on a thin line as to how much performance is TOO MUCH. All of the High Performance quads from each of the manufacturers are restricted down for that very reason.

Old 03-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptors are slow

Exactly, that's why there were able to take the DS, change the gearing (I dont think they did anything else), and lead one of the Nascar races at 90 plus MPH. The motors now can make the big power, they have to keep them regulated. That's why the aftermarket companies jump on the opportunity to make go fast parts for them. If you modify it yourself you release the manufacturer from liability.

Old 03-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Raptors are slow

Originally posted by: Bubba297
Exactly, that's why there were able to take the DS, change the gearing (I dont think they did anything else), and lead one of the Nascar races at 90 plus MPH. The motors now can make the big power, they have to keep them regulated. That's why the aftermarket companies jump on the opportunity to make go fast parts for them. If you modify it yourself you release the manufacturer from liability.
it was an indy race and of coarse u can regar it to do that but how fast do u think it was in the take off

Old 03-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptors are slow

ok 150 mph. ok no need to exagerate. my point is most stock quads are slow and i know why. i dont need an explination

Old 03-02-2003, 02:12 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Raptors are slow

OK, I'm Sorry, I was under the misconception that you had Started this Thread on this FORUM to generate some kind of Discussion.

If you only wanted to here yourself talk and didn't want any input from anyone, you should have just said so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But thanks for the explanation of how Modded Quads are faster than Stock Quads. Very Insightful.

Old 03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptors are slow

very funny but on the contrary, if u noticeed most ppl dont know what they're talking about, and i just wanted to prove that if one quad loses stock, dosent mean it will be slower than the other modified smart ***

Old 03-03-2003, 01:30 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Raptors are slow

Originally posted by: 2004ds650
come on guys. all quads are so slow stock. thats why i dont always like comparing stock quads because the big ones are so restricted. ive owned a raptor before and many other quads, and for a 660, my dad and i were disappointed in the power. so if the 700 only beats the raptor by .2, that has to be the most restricted quad to date
Originally posted by: 2004ds650
very funny but on the contrary, if u noticeed most ppl dont know what they're talking about, and i just wanted to prove that if one quad loses stock, dosent mean it will be slower than the other modified smart ***

Oh, now it All makes sense. I don't know how I could have possibly miss inturpeted your original post. Thank you oh so much for clearing it all up for me.

Just one last question, I have never ridden a "modified smart a**" (Untill NOW), just how fast is one?

Like I said, Very Insightfull there Sparky!

Hugs and Kisses. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptors are slow