Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!

i'm looking for a sport atv. and cannondale and gas gas are out of my price range so please don't even mention them. and also i think the ds650 is extremly ugly so i don't want one of them either. with that said i'm debating between the polaris predator, z400/kfx400, raptor 660, and the v-force 700.
i was thinking about the blaster ( my neibor is selling one for $1500 with a bills pipe and nerf bars) and i was gonna buy it, but then i didn't wanna spend the money and have it be underpowered. i'm about 5'11 180lbs. so i don't think the blaster would have the kind of power i'm looking for. all i ride is desert and dunes and all. i never plan on racing mx or going riding in the woods of any sort. i'm would like to say i'm a good rider, i ride dirt bikes alot. anyway i wanna know the pros/cons of the quads i listed above. and to all the owners of ds650's i'm sorry i think their ugly but thats my opinion. so please don't make a post defending your ds650. and also if i had the money i would either buy a dale or a gas gas but i don't have the money so i don't wanna hear about them. thanks in advance for everything.

Old 04-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default need help!

I agree that the ds is not the best looking i like the looks of my raptor better, but I've had my raptor for over 2 years and its been broke over half the time so has my dads. as for the 400s not enought power for how you ride you my as well buy the blaster. for how you ride you need a ds or a raptor and a lot of money in mods. I know thats not what you wanted to hear and i'm sorry but it's the truth. as for the 700 i heard there wild but haven't rode one. so go for the ds, 700, or preditor!

Old 04-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default need help!

i forgot 2 mention the banshee i'm also thinking about the banshee. what are the pro/cons about the banshees? right now i'm debating between the ds650, predator, the banshee and the v force 700. also back in the 80's suzuki made the quadzilla is that still competive? or is it extremly outdated? thanks again.

Old 04-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default need help!

I a 4stroke rider but the banshee rips and so does the quadzilla. you have a tough choice they all have pros and cons. V force and predator first year reliability? banshee and quadzilla high maintence! ds you may want new rev limiter and mod are $$$$$$ compared to 2 stroke mods. just some stuff to think about, I can't decide my self! lol

Old 04-26-2003, 03:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default need help!

i agree the banshee your lookin at more maintnece then riding time i would go with the raptor 02 or 03 the 01 suck bad bud the ds 650 baja would be good to i now you think there ugly but look at the baja not the regular one it looks a little bit better and it has a tach and shock cover,hand gaurds, and kewl graphics. the ds and raptor both have a lot of power but the v force 700 has alot more but this is the first year so if you go with that wait till next year so they can get the bugs worked out. just my 2 cents

Old 04-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default need help!

today i went 2 my local yamaha dealer and sat on the raptor, and i've heard its top heavy, and sure enough it feels very top heavy. so i sat on the banshee and i like it better than the raptor, but its on the low side. soooo next weekend, i'm gonna go try the polaris predator. and i understand about 2 stroke maintence, but i can handle that because i have mostly 2 stroke dirt bikes. i really wanna try and find an lt 500 and try that, it supposed 2 be the fastest quad ever built!!! and i like the way that sounds.