Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003 | 08:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

man, i have been 87.6 mph on mine on a straight, if the throttle did get stuck, or brakes failed, why not turn off the ignition, then gear down ? im not saying its completely safe but its not suicidal, If your on a trail or curvy dirt road doing that then it gets really dangerous

Old 06-24-2003 | 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
man, i have been 87.6 mph on mine on a straight, if the throttle did get stuck, or brakes failed, why not turn off the ignition, then gear down ? im not saying its completely safe but its not suicidal, If your on a trail or curvy dirt road doing that then it gets really dangerous
Ok you've convinced me. doing 87.6 mph on a quad is perfectly safe. What was I thinking.

Old 06-24-2003 | 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

i didnt say it was perfectly safe , i said under the right conditions it would be safer, dont be a smart@$$.

Old 06-25-2003 | 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

yea green700 ,man, cool your jets, hondaracer305 was just saying going over 70 is not a suicidial as you said it was, not saying it is perfectly safe or anything, just saying its not that incredibly stupid

Old 06-27-2003 | 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

What is the Top Speed for a 03 Banshee and 03 Raptor Stock vs Stock

Old 06-27-2003 | 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

?????? Whats the Top speed of the 03 Banshee and 03 Raptor Stock vs Stock

Old 06-30-2003 | 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I heard a Banshee is like 73 and i heard a Raptor is like 77 but that was out of 4wheelatvactionmagazine so im not positive. Thanx luvmy300ex, people take things way out of hand now a days.

Old 07-01-2003 | 01:21 AM
Range Rover

My brother-in-law and I bought bikes within months of each other. I got a Raptor and he got a banshee. We race all the time, always in the sand, sometimes on the flats but mostly up hills. If any of you are familiar with Comp. hill at Florence Or. then you know the type of hill we race up. I realize there are a lot of variables that can change the outcome of races especially with shee's being so picky. You have wt. difference of riders, skill lvl, tire choice, sand condition bla bla bla, but here's pretty much how things went.

Stock Raptor vs. Stock Banshee
Up Comp. = Raptor wins by 2 bike lengths on average
On flats = Raptor checks out off the line and keeps pulling away

Piped Raptor vs. Piped Banshee
Up Comp. = Raptor wins by a bike on average
On flats = Raptor takes lead off the line and pulls away but not near as fast
Add a K&N and results stay the same

Piped Raptor vs. Piped Banshee w/ stator plate
Up Comp. = Banshee wins by a bike on average
On flats = Raptor gets lead off the line and stays out front until shee hits 6th and soon after I get
to smell that lovely Blenzol. Oh....to have another gear.

I always beat my brother-in-law off the line and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way the motors run. I keep my tires hooked up as much as possible and use the torque of the 660 to power off the line. He dumpes the clutch and loses 40% of his power to wheelspin. Once the tires hook-up he starts gaining and usually catches me a little past halfway on comp and by the top he's a bike or so ahead.

Old 07-01-2003 | 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Mine just spins through 5 gears if were on loose dirt, 4 gears for hard packed dirt, but on pavement it jumps off the line QUICK and i mean it. On dirt all they do is spin but you knew that already, but thats my .02 cents

Old 07-01-2003 | 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
i didnt say it was perfectly safe , i said under the right conditions it would be safer, dont be a smart@$$.
Ok sorry for getting carried away. I'll try not to be rude again. I just cant understand the high speed stuff, I wouldn't do it, it wouldn't be fun for me.

Quick Reply: What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK