Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

HOW MANY MEMBERS DON'T CARE WHICH QUAD IS THE FASTEST?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW MANY MEMBERS DON'T CARE WHICH QUAD IS THE FASTEST?

Add me. We should just be happy for what we have and have fun doing the thing we all love.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

I don't really care which quad is fastest either. I trail ride in the woods and race harescrambles, and for the most part you are lucky if you get out of 3rd gear.. That kind of racing isn't really about who has the fastest quad - it is more who has the best suspension setup and who is the best at picking good lines. Sure, I have a Quadzilla and it is fast, but in the woods it sucks compared to my 250R... it is good for hillclimbing though.. but there again it isn't a matter of how fast your quad is as much as how much power you have to pull the hill.. Torque is the name of the game there...

I used to post and read messages over on one of the other forums (source) but stopped going over there as much because I was tired of sifting through all of those "which quad is fastest" and "what is the top speed of brands A, B, and C" and goofy stuff like that. I think that bugged me as much as the whole name calling and flaming that was going on which it seems like every post like that ends up that way.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

i aggree that i think that who is fastest or who would win gets overplayed quite a bit. We just out there to have fun right. however even me can get a little competitive when ice racing season comes around and i probably will even more when i actually have a read quad to race with. but really in the end even racing is for fun so we shouldn't get to excited over who had more hp or is fastest in a drag but just go out and have fun and ride hard. peace

Old 05-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Me. I just want to have fun. I like speed, but I don't have anything to prove by having the fastest quad. Skill is more important. It usually comes down to "who has more money to spend on making their quad really fast". Impressive. I have enough fun on my stock quad, and money to spend on better things (not knocking mods, just the "who's fastest" stuff). Chalk up one more.

Old 05-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

Skill is more important
i aggree because who really should brag the guy with load of money mods it up hits the throttle and goes and wins a couple drags, or the average rider who actually has skill, and still has fun just at slower speeds.

nothing against mods i think there will always be a want for more power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2003, 03:24 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

I started this Thread, because I am amazed at how a majority of the members of this Forum feel that the only use for an ATV is to Race it. The problem is that a Majority of ATV riders NEVER race in any kind of sanctioned event. Just about everyone at one time or another has raced a buddy or some guy at the local riding area, but this is hardly a serious to the death competition.

I have what I consider to be two fairly fast quads, a KFX700 and a KFX400, both are stock, and with the exception of a Pipe for the 400 in the near future (Partly for the sound, and partly to give me a little more gitty-up for the BIG Hill Climbs at the Dunes.), they will remain Stock. I ride with my Family, which includes my Wife, Nieces, Nephews, Brothers, Parents and a lot of Friends. It is a Family function for us, with all makes and models of Quads, some fast, some not so fast. In this type of environment, having a Quad that will rotate the earth is MEANINGLESS.

I have driven some Very Fast cars in my life, and in the grand scheme of things, in the world of Speed these ATV's are way down near the bottom of a very long list.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that we all had FUN and that we all made it back in one piece.

Old 05-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RPM
I started this Thread, because I am amazed at how a majority of the members of this Forum feel that the only use for an ATV is to Race it. The problem is that a Majority of ATV riders NEVER race in any kind of sanctioned event. Just about everyone at one time or another has raced a buddy or some guy at the local riding area, but this is hardly a serious to the death competition.

I have what I consider to be two fairly fast quads, a KFX700 and a KFX400, both are stock, and with the exception of a Pipe for the 400 in the near future (Partly for the sound, and partly to give me a little more gitty-up for the BIG Hill Climbs at the Dunes.), they will remain Stock. I ride with my Family, which includes my Wife, Nieces, Nephews, Brothers, Parents and a lot of Friends. It is a Family function for us, with all makes and models of Quads, some fast, some not so fast. In this type of environment, having a Quad that will rotate the earth is MEANINGLESS.

I have driven some Very Fast cars in my life, and in the grand scheme of things, in the world of Speed these ATV's are way down near the bottom of a very long list.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that we all had FUN and that we all made it back in one piece.
I agree 100% Souunds like yo like my type of ridding. Maybe it's just my age but their is alot of beautiful country you miss just seeing how fast you can go. But must admiit if younger i'd be racing a few people. The main reason I ride myself is in a group it always seems how many miles you can go. I like to just look at the beautiful country. If was interested as to how many miles in a day I could cover here i'm street legal i'd be ridding on the highway not in the mountains were it is so beautiful

Old 05-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

I don't cause I am the fastest man alive.I dont even need a quad to beet yall.lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

Add me to the list. I will argue speed, but I really don't care.

bighunter

Old 05-07-2003, 06:45 AM
Pro Rider

I dont care. I'm out to have fun, and mine is fast enough to please me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: HOW MANY MEMBERS DON'T CARE WHICH QUAD IS THE FASTEST?