Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Anyone have experience with the new LTZ250?? Please share..

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 02:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with the new LTZ250?? Please share..

No not loud at all, I rode the beans out of it the other day trying to get the most rides out of it before the warranty expires and that thing kicks up the speed faster than my old 300ex did and I weigh at least 170. I tell you what though, my daughter just loves this bike, not too big and not too small. I would check the oil and see if they didnt forget to put any in the tranny. Sometimes you see that kind of stuff. I used to work at a local lube shop for automobiles years ago and this cusomer came right over from the Chevy dealership with a new corvette mind you. I asked him why he wanted to change the oil so soon and he said he didnt like the break in oil they use in new vehicles so I went ahead and pulled the plug, only to find not a drop of oil in the engine!! He was P!ssed off and he walked over to the dealer which was caddy corner of the lube shop and grabbed a salesman and brought him over to check it out. I was stunned my self but I think he got to choose another vehicle after what he just experienced.

Well, enough of my info. Hope it isnt that bad. Let us know what you find out.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Range Rover

the z250 is an awesome little quad if you are around 12-15 years old. After that i wouldn't even consider one and would spend a little bit more cash and get a z400.

People are paying 4600 OTD for the z250 and for 5200 OTD you can get a z400....double the bike for not even a 1,000 more.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah but in my area the 250 went for 4500.00 otd and the z400 went for 6300 otd. But I have both and each do a great job.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Range Rover

Where are you seeing a Z400 OTD for $5200?, the sticker starts @ $5700, then you have tax, registration, title-ing, add-ons, ext warranty, etc....not to mention some states require you to tag them too, so OTD on that model when I was looking at it 2 weeks ago was right around $6800-$7000, BIG DIFFERENCE! If you can get me a Z400 OTD for 5200, I'll take 2 of them.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW - These "little" Z250's kick @$$ for the money! Still looking for aftermarket upgrades, with little to no luck, besides the Yoshi exhaust systems.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I havent checked yet but I heard RockyMountain has aftermarket parts for the Z250 now.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

Yup, they do have some things for the z250, however, seems to be some differences between year models '03 and '04. Wonder what the differences are? Any ideas....I have 2 '04 models.

Suzuki LT-Z250 '04
--------------------------------
- Brakes

Suzuki LT-Z250 '03
--------------------------------
· Aluminum · Brakes
· Bumpers · Engine Skid Plates
· Intake · Nerf Bars
· Swingarm Guards

Old 06-19-2003, 11:51 AM
Range Rover

As promised, here is my weekend review on the Z250. First let me point out, for the money, you can't beat it. My roommate and I took them up to Clymer, PA last weekend (15 miles outside or Indiana, PA) and roamed about 150 acres of forest, and fields for a total of 10-15 hours of break in, litterally. My bud managed to barrell roll his into a tree which it severed into about 3 pieces, the tree that is.....flipped it over, and started it right back up, with only 1 minor scuff on the rear fender.....looked to be a "Bring the tow straps and wench" crash situation, but the little "rugged" 250 wanted nothing of the sort. One thing I did notice though, was that on a nice straight away, you found yourself trying to reach for a 6th gear (there isn't 1, trust me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]). Other then that, the bikes are very nicely setup, and the ideal weight, for throwing it around turns, and fish tailing through mud pockets slinging mud up on your riding partner. We gave them several hill climb tests, and they seemed to do pretty well, it was extremely muddy, so some better rear rubber would have been good, but I have no complaints about the stock rubbers on the machine at all. Got a couple of short video clips from the digital camera to share, unfortunately, there's no audio, just video.....rugged SONY camcoder is on order, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://www.georgefam.com/videos/DSCF0032.AVI

Unfortunately, I'm still working on finshing the website, which seems to be an ongoing project, but it is equiped with a fully functional Message Board that is free to everyone, you just need to register. I hope to have some more ATV-ing photo ops posted soon, and anyone who would like to share their ATV-ing photo experiences are more then welcome to register and upload, there is not number of images limit, only file size (200k gif or jpg).

Old 06-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Forgot to put a link to the other one

http://www.georgefam.com/videos/DSCF0041.AVI

Old 06-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As far as I know the Z250 is an 04 model and they dont have an 03 model. It just came out.

Old 06-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh, I got some good film from my helmet came riding thru the dunes and doing some wheelies. I just cant get it small enough to host it.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with the new LTZ250?? Please share..